Chapter 7

Chapter 7

(Adorable Tristan------------->)

Waking up the first thought in my head was the pain, but it wasn't as bad as it was yesterday, but my body was still sore and throbbing. The only relief that I seemed to have was the immense warmth radiating along my abused back and thighs. I attempted to snuggle closer to the source of warmth, well as close as my poor sore muscles would allow. I took a deep breath and clenched my teeth as I turned over everything in me protesting the movement but my desire to see the beautiful man behind me over ruled the discomfort, but when I settled and opened my eyes, it was to a pair of dark brown orbs instead of golden ones looking curiously back at me, I screamed and jumped back, simultaneously pulling the covers over my head.

 "What the fuck?" Tyler jumped up beside me immediately looking over at me and tried to pull the covers off my quaking body. When he couldn't without yanking, he turned and jumped back himself. "What the hell Cole? Get the hell out of my room. How did you get in here?" I heard him ask the person hovering over the bed.

 "You might want to get your ass up, man. Mommy is here." This Cole person said and Tyler jumped out of bed. 

 "Shit man, you never hear of the telephone?" He asked as he stalked to the dresser. I heard him opening and closing drawers. "Go downstairs, I will be there in a minute." He said as he sat back down on the bed by my still covered form.

 "Hurry up. I am dying to hear this story." Cole chuckled and I listened as his foot steps carried him from the room. A door closing behind him.

 "Come on Tristan. We only have a minute or so before my mother makes her way up here. Let me help you up." He said as I released the death grip I had on the comforter.

 I shyly poked my head up and he smiled that bone melting smile at me. "Who was that?" I whispered as he gently pulled a sweater over my head.

 "You may not have recognized him from my party, but that is my idiot brother, Cole. I am sorry if his lack of manners scared you." He said as he handed me the pain pills and a glass of water from the night stand. I took the pills and just as I handed him back the glass there was a loud knock then the door was swung wide open.

 "Tyler, you brother said...oh...."  An elegantly dressed woman in the doorway paused mid sentence when she caught sight of me sitting on her son's bed. I could just imagine the picture I made all bruised and battered, I was probably sporting every sickly color of the rainbow all over my face and arms.

 "Oh My Gosh, you poor baby!" She exclaimed as she rushed over. She shoved Tyler out the way and sat down. Her cool hands fluttered all over my face and neck to my wide eyed surprise. She continued to coo and fuss, and I was left dumbfounded at this woman who didn't know me from Adam and here she was fussing over me and clucking her tongue at my injuries.

 "You poor, poor thing. Tyler, why isn't this sweet thing in the hospital? What is going on here? What happened to this sweet boy?" She fired off the questions to her exasperated son.

 "Ma, please stop frightening him. His name is Tristan and he got into a bad situation, he didn't want to go to the hospital and hello, I am a practicing Doctor with a medical degree, I am taking care of him as you can see." He patiently explained to her.

 She turned back to me and smiled. Still gently petting my face. "Hello Tristan. I am Meredith Hayes, Tyler's mother. You poor baby. Tyler help him up and downstairs. I am going to make breakfast, this little one is too thin. He is practically swimming in your clothes." She instructed her son and with one last stroke of my cheek she breezed out of the room leaving the suttle scent of flowers and sunshine behind her. I watched awestruck as she closed the door.