Chapter 13

Chapter 13

(Tyler and Cole's Mom, Meredith---->) 

 I finally managed to tuck my white dress shirt into my pants with less than coordinated hands. Cole had left me feeling liking a swooning Victorian miss, the taste of his kiss still on my lips caused me to groan as I rushed around my room to finish getting ready before his Mother and Grandmother arrived. After checking my reflection one last time I made my way down the hall to the stairs. I heard voices coming from the living room and I wiped my nervous palms on the side of my slacks before making my way into the room with what I hoped was a bright smile on my face.

 “Oh God, what are ya’ll got going around here? A shelter or something for adorable cuties?” Came the comment from an elegant older woman perched regally in an armchair with Sheba curled on her lap purring her content at the bejeweled hand caressing the length of her spine.

 I flushed at the comment as Tyler and Cole laughed at their outspoken grandmother. Another stately gorgeous woman got up from the couch and made her way over to me. “You must me Jonathon. I am Meredith Hayes and never mind my mother, Mrs. Carolyn Thames-Hayes.” She said as she bypassed my outstretched hand and gave me a hug, I hugged her back.

 “Nice to meet you, ma'am,” I said and nodded to Mrs. Thames-Hayes as well.

 “Oh phish posh, none of that ma’am stuff, call me Meredith.” She said as she retook her seat on the sofa.

 “And you can call me Grandma, cutie. Now have a seat and stop hovering, nobody is going to eat you, although from the way my lascivious grandson over there looks like he just might.” She blurted and I almost choked on my iced tea. I had to put the glass back down as Tristan proceeded to slap me on my back as I cleared my lungs of the offending fluids. He was biting his lips to keep himself from laughing. Cole had turned a really intriguing shade of red and Tyler was out right bent over holding his stomach as he guffawed. Ms. Meredith just smiled and shook her head. I supposed she was very used to her mother and her shocking comments. I got to say, I could see myself absolutely adoring the woman.

 The doorbell rang and Tyler went to answer it, he came back with boxes of food and Tristan and Meredith jumped up to help him, leaving myself and Cole to entertain Grandma. Cole came to sit beside me and she smiled and raised an eyebrow at our close proximity. I felt like sliding over a little bit but I didn’t want Cole to feel like I am uncomfortable with his attentions. I was far from feeling that, I thought as my mind wondered back to the feel of his hands and lips on my body.

 “No naughty thoughts about my Grandson young man, I am still young enough to envy the fact that seems everyone in this house is getting some ass but me.” And that did it for me, I burst out laughing, I laughed so hard I had tears running down my face. That’s it, I officially loved this woman.

 Cole just grinned and tried to admonish her and just flicked her delicate wrist at him and waved him off and went back to petting Queen Sheba. She asked me a little about myself and I talked to her about my education and she beamed at me and told me to keep up the good work. She grilled Cole about his Information Technology business and he told her business was going great and that he loved the fact that he could work from anywhere, he kept an office for his staff to work but most of his business is run from his home office.

 Just then, Tyler called everyone to dinner. Cole escorted grandma into the dining room. I trailed behind them and took my seat next to him after her handed her into her chair. Tristan had the table looking wonderful. He was turning out to be the perfect housewife. I chuckled at the thought. I was so going to tease him later on about it.

 The dinner conversation was hilarious thanks to grandma; she really didn’t have any filter what so ever she kept us all on our toes. As the conversation continue to flow around the table I took the time to observe everyone in the room and I shook my head. It has been so long since I actually sat down to an evening meal with my family, since I was 14 years old. I remember my last family dinner when I had thought to come out to my family. I remember the reaction was so far from what I thought it was going to be. My mom had started to cry and calling me an abomination. My father had thrown me out of the house that night. I didn’t even have the time to say goodbye to my little sister, Evie. I missed her the most, she was just 5 years old, and too young to understand why her big brother was no longer around. I could just imagine the crap they have told her over the years.