Chapter 15

Chapter 15

(Tyler and Tristan's Bedroom---->)

 Sitting in class I listened to Tyler lecture about the importance of ethics and keeping a level head and to distance yourself from your own personal beliefs in order to best to care for your patients and their needs. It has been a few weeks since the arrival of the letter and Tyler has yet to tell me what his plans are in regards to Anton. I am sure Cole knew though, he had practically moved in and set up his office in the study right along with Tyler's. Jonjon was totally focused on what Tyler was saying in the front of the room but I found my mind wondering. I had already read the chapter we were going over and pretty much committed to memory. We had another term paper due in another week or so before mid terms, and I had to really buckle down and focus, but it was for once, a difficult task for me with all this going on. I felt like any day now Anton was going to make a move and someone was going to get hurt. I had stopped worrying so much about myself, I would rather it be me than anyone else, and definitely not Tyler.

 God the man could be as stubborn as a mule sometimes, every time I broached the subject he always told me he has it under control and not to worry. It was easier said than done, and I found myself getting impatient and stressed over the whole thing. I was jolted out of thoughts when the people around me including Jonjon began packing up their things indicating that class was over. Tyler had some faculty meeting so Cole was going to pick us up since we were finished for the day. I knew Cole wanted some alone time with Jonjon, I had heard them talking last night after dinner. They were going to go over to the next town later when Tyler came home from making his rounds at the hospital.

 I sighed and stood after putting my things away in my satchel and threw the strap over my shoulder. Jonjon was practically bouncing on his toes waiting for me to hurry up, he was excited for his first date and I sort of envied him the chance. I didn't want to be seen with Tyler out in public for the obvious reason that someone from school or even the worst a faculty member to see us and speculate on our relationship, but that didn't mean that I wouldn't have liked the opportunity to go out and have dinner and maybe a movie with my man too, maybe hold his hand and snuggle into his side and browse the shops and bookstore at the mall, but once again thoughts of Anton jumping out of the woodworks soured that idea for me. I was bitterly regretting ever even laying eyes on the sadistic son of a bitch.

 I trudged along behind Jonjon as he led the way to the parking lot. I couldn't help but to constantly check my surroundings and look over my shoulder as we made our way over to Cole's BMW parked there. I let out a quiet sigh of relief as I slid into the back seat and closed the door, nodding my head in greeting before staring off out of the window as the Cole pulled out of the parking space smoothly and joined the traffic leaving the campus. I tuned out Jonjon excited chatter as he discussed what their plans were for the night and I suddenly felt tired. I reached into the pocket of my bag and pulled out my iPod and plugged the earpieces into my ears and set it to shuffle and as Sade began to croon about "No Ordinary Love." I sat back and closed my eyes for the remainder of the ride home.

 I only reopened them when I felt the car stop and I looked up to see Tyler's garage door sliding up silently as Cole waited to pull into the garage. We pulled in and he cut the engine as the door slid just as silently closed and I opened my door and slid out from the luxury vehicle. They tried to get me to stay downstairs to have a snack but I was too tired to pretend polite conversation. A melancholy slipping over me and sent me into a funky kind of depression and I just wanted to be alone and tune out the world. Cole gave me a worried glance but I gave him the best fake smile I could muster and dragged my weary body upstairs and to the master bedroom. I quickly dropped my bag and shed my slacks and dress shirt, I carried them into the bathroom with me and dumped them in the hamper and started the water in the bath. I put the stopper in and tilted a little of the scented soap and immediately the bubbles frothed and the scent of soothing lavender and vanilla filled the room.