5

Suyash pulled over his car right in front of Parvati's home. Though not as big as the Mehra mansion, her house was undeniably a charming house with a delightful garden filled with roses and other plants. A charming pathway of tiles led to the entrance of her house.

He honked the horn. Parvati was in her room, dressed in a simple yet beautiful salwar kameez and was gently combing her hair while standing in front of the mirror. As soon as she heard the sound of the car horn, a big smile lit up her face. She knew it must be SD's car, and she was thrilled to go shopping with SD.

Suyash stepped out of the car and headed towards her house.

When Parvati heard the doorbell, her excitement grew and she turned to nani, who was helping her in choosing earrings. "Nani, SD must have arrived, let me check," she said.

Nani smiled warmly and replied, "yes, dear."

"I wish you could join us for shopping, nani," Parvati genuinely said.

Nani responded, "at my age, I won't be able to do much shopping. Your wedding is coming up, and you should choose what you like, and also Sanjay will be by your side, so both of you can enjoy shopping together and choose what suits both of your tastes."

"Yes, nani," Parvati blushed and then nani spoke, "now go, he is waiting for you."

Parvati hastily left her room and opened the door. She was surprised when she saw Suyash standing there. "Mr. Mehra? Is SD not coming?" She questioned, recovering from her surprise. She quickly scanned her surroundings, expecting SD to be with Suyash for  shopping.

Suyash replied, "no, he didn't come along with me," and seeing her curiosity, he explained, "I don't know where he is, maybe he has some work to do, that's why bua sent me to go shopping with you."

"Ohh..." Parvati felt disheartened, as she wanted to go with SD.

Suyash did notice her sadness on her face but chose not to say anything, and asked, "shall we go?"

Parvati put on a smile and said, "please come inside, this is your first time visiting our home."

Before Suyash could object, nani came to the hall. She glanced at Suyash and asked Parvati, "who is this, Parvati?"

"Nani, he is SD's cousin Suyash Mehra. He lives in Dubai and has come to India to attend the wedding," Parvati replied.

Parvati warmly introduced nani to Suyash, saying, "Mr. Mehra, meet my lovely nani."

Suyash responded with a smile and respectfully greeted, "Hello, nani."

"Hello, my dear. Please come inside," nani said affectionately. 

Suyash walked into the house. As he looked around, he couldn't help but feel the wonderful warmth and homeliness that seemed to fill every corner, something that was often missing in his own grand Mehra mansion be it in Mumbai or in Dubai. Even with all their fancy decorations, they still lacked that special touch. But inside this humble home, Suyash's heart was filled with joy at the sight of sweet family pictures of Parvati and nani.

Nani's voice caught his attention as asked, "SD won't be joining you for shopping?"

Parvati replied with a smile, trying to conceal her sadness from her grandmother, "no, nani. He's busy, so Mr. Mehra is taking me shopping." 

"How could he do this? He knows you wanted to go shopping with him..." Nani was also upset and somewhat angry at SD. "I must talk to Narayani." 

Parvati attempted to soothe her nani's anger gently, saying, "nani, SD must be busy, otherwise he would have taken me shopping. It's fine, I'll go with Mr. Mehra."