Let's Talk About The Scarlet Shedder! Book #12 | 🔴

^ above is a coloured page I did from the official Dog Man with Love colouring book , I adore it

Hihihi, sooooo... The twelfth book of Dog Man is coming out next year, March 19!! I'm sure everyone knows this by now, but I just wanted to talk about it for a little bit.
My theories on what I think could happen, or what I want to really happen. Then when the times rolls around I can see how dead wrong I was or how right.
So so super hyped for this one guys, I'm telling you, it might be better than twenty thousand fleas.
At this time we don't have much information on it besides the description, but the description doesn't tell you everything of course.

I LOVEEE THIS COVER!!! <3 I can't wait to see it in my hands

I LOVEEE THIS COVER!!! <3 I can't wait to see it in my hands. (I say about every new cover)
This cover is greaaaatt, we got some killer vibes on this one it's honestly sick in my opinion.  The lightning and everything 😨...  The cloudy nighttime sky, like slay. The colours are rad, and besides the look, I like the idea of Dog Man being red and his outfit.. mans looking swag. Despite the reason he's red is because of tomato juice 😭😭 Interesting that he changed the bottom text to "Creator of Cat Kid Comic Club" instead of creator of Captain Underpants.
Anyway when seeing this cover; I thought why not rank all the Dog Man books by cover! And solely on that alone.

My rankinnn :) I like how Dav wanted to go for a colour theme for every book for the first 4, then abandoned that loll which was a good idea to be honest

My rankinnn :) I like how Dav wanted to go for a colour theme for every book for the first 4, then abandoned that loll which was a good idea to be honest.  As much as I love it, but sometimes there's only so much you can do with that. (Might get a little bland after a little while)
My absolute number one cover ever is Mothering Heights... I'm just waiting for something to beat that. I mean look at it!! Look at them 😭 Literally so cute, I've been asking for a cover like that one for years.
As iconic as the first book is...! I think it's a little blank... but I like the dark colours on it. And now that I think about it the D ranking leans a little bit more towards C. But yeah!

On to talking about the description of the book!

First off, Dog Man is getting exiled because he was sprayed by a skunk??? Okay I knew these guys ain't appreciative of Dog Man sometimes but what? Did the skunk have mega stink power or something 😟Also if the stink is gone now, why would he still...

Also if the stink is gone now, why would he still be exiled?
Then we got Petey being pulled back into crime, get this, in order to help Dog Man... 😨💥🤯 okay okay back up.

THEORY ?!
So, this might just be straightforward and I'm like 80% sure this is the case. I dunno! But...Does Petey help Dog Man by acting like he's a criminal again, in order to make Dog Man look good and save the city? There's flaw to this theory, because why on earth, yes I know, it's wild.
Though I wouldn't put it past the citizens in their city thinking that Petey just magically started being bad again.  As much as I know it's not possible. They would probably think and say that Petey was "faking" it or he couldn't resist being a criminal again. Maybe...just maybe the two make up a scheme, a plan to un-exile him. Or more likely and realistically ig! Li'l Petey tells Petey to make a plan to help Dog Man and Petey helps because he doesn't want to disappoint the kid.

And random thought I have, will Petey be living in Dog Man's house in this book? :0 Or will Peteys lab already be rebuilt... we will have to just wait and see!!! Ahah ha..
(I need to see how chaotic it would be...I beg, I'm betting we won't get this)

I beg, I'm betting we won't get this)

I'll tell ya right now... when I saw this "Meet The Cast" for the first time I was like rrrrruuuugggghhh Dr Scum... we were clickbaited!! Loooll /j
Nah but I was a little sad we didn't get an actual new villain but the joke of him being a "brand new" villain continues.
🥸 I suppose he's a little "iconic" in a way, but I use the term loosely, since he's from the first book but bro I don't like him sigh
I can't believe they left out Sarah 😡 She really got thrown out by Nurse Lady daaaammm
With the wedding references, are Chief and Nurse Lady gonna get married soon?? 😭

Hmmm Dog Man and Petey relatability.. that's super interesting, will they interact well place your bets guys

And omg I hate this Maude girl like boooooo get off the stage no one likes you also why does it say "thank goodness she's not in charge" does that mean something? Hello? I hope not.

But yeaaaa anyway, the book is just a few months away ! Time to wait for some sneak peeks to come out 🙌🙌 With the way Dog Man is being shunned, it's reminding me a little bit of Brawl of the Wild and that was a great book, one of my top favs, so we got hope.

Until next timeee