3 | Crushed

—NOW, THE PRESENT—Central CitySeptember 8, 2037

—NOW, THE PRESENT—
Central City
September 8, 2037

"IT'S TIME TO WAKE UP REYES FAMILY! It's officially Bianca's 17th birthday. Now playing Seventeen by Sweet Mylo!" Gideon's voice boomed across Bianca's home, startling her from her frightening dream. She was drenched in sweat again and cleared her throat before rushing to get Gideon to shut up.

"G-Gideon," her voice cracked. She waved a hand in the air hoping to get her attention. Whatever Bianca had planned a year ago for this exact moment had been completely inappropriate to her now. "Just shut up. Stop playing the song!"

Bianca stood before the middle of her dark room, her bare feet cold from the floor, her body clad in an old T-shirt of her dad's and pajama pants that were beginning to fray at the seem.

The minute the song's catchy tune began to start she cursed under her breathe, refusing to be reminded of this day closer to heaven, closer to death again, her 17th birthday would simply be another reminder of the life she did lose.

"Stop!" She exclaimed as her heart raced.

Suddenly the music stopped at her command.

Her ears felt a buzz of relief at the lack of sound.

After a moment of gathering herself, she gestured to the ceiling. "Gideon," Bianca sighed, as though speaking to a child who has disappointed her.

"Apologies Miss Reyes," Gideon said as though she was tipping her hat towards Bianca.

"I just forgot that I..." Bianca trailed off and glanced at the holographic clock on her wall and wasted no time to start the day. "I have to get ready can you turn on the shower for me?"

"Right away Miss Reyes," the intelligence did exactly that. Bianca could hear the rushing of water in the bathroom in her room, steam beginning to peek out of its doors. Before the 17 year old could continue searching for her uniform, she could practically feel Gideon lingering though her presence was connected to the house's interface. Sometimes she wish she could see the blue floating holographic face of Gideon Star Labs offered but it cost a couple more the Reyes' didn't have.

"What is it, Gideon?" Bianca asked, pausing mid-closet viewing. She raised a brow towards the ceiling.

"What'do you mean?"

Bianca managed a tiny unamused flinch of the lip. "I know you. You're thinking something. You have something you want to say? You might as well say it, today is not the day for patience."