new group

Alex's POV:

"There you are at last," I interject as Fabi arrives. "I heard you flirting and thought waiting was my best option." "Don't be like that. You've been walking around here with ladies for the last few months," I deliberately emphasize loudly so that Lu can't miss it. Fabi used to like her, that's for sure. If he still likes her, she can hear what else is going on in his life. Her look is neutral, but Fabi's look speaks volumes. Well done, Alex.

"So, what are you doing about Lea?" Fabi asks with interest. "First of all, I managed to persuade my mother that they want to meet you, Alex. Lea and Laura disappointed our parents so badly because their clothes were too tight and not appropriate that they're giving you a chance. If nothing changes for Lu, I'll split up with Lea immediately." 

"You shouldn't make that dependent on me, Maxi," Lu clarifies, but then smiles gratefully at him, "Thank you for doing this for us." "Sure." "I think that's a good solution for now. We'll see how the meeting goes," Fabi agrees. We talk for a while longer, but at some point I want to take a shower, so Lu, Fabi and Maxi go upstairs for a moment, as Maxi wanted to see Fabi anyway. While I'm showering, I can think about how to ask Lu again about moving in together.

Luisa's POV:

I'm still wondering who the woman is who means so much to Maxi. And why is Fabi walking around here with a lady visitor? "Lu, what do you think?" Fabi interrupts my thoughts, but I look at him in confusion. "Fabi wants to guess who I like," Maxi enlightens me with a sigh. "Honestly? I don't know and I don't care as long as you finally feel happy again. It was already bad being in your company, but that you didn't even enjoy being such an asshole. Thank God you got drunk yesterday." 

"Well, comments like that make me an asshole again," Maxi smirks as we sit down next to Fabi, "My first official act will be to tell you both to get a grip on each other. If Alex finds out, he'll break up with you immediately." I look at Fabi, who returns my gaze. I know what Maxi is talking about. Fabi looks at me every damn time like he did when we couldn't hold back. He drives me crazy with it. 

I love Alex. Damn it, I want to move in with him. I want to introduce him to my parents, who will probably disown me for it. Fabi means the world to me. If it hadn't been for him back then... I don't know if I could have done it without him. "Can you please talk yourselves out of it? It's unbearable," Maxi continues to comment on our situation, "I'm sorry that I said something to Alex and I won't do it again. I want everyone to be okay, even if I don't always act that way on the outside. But you two are really unbearable when you're in a room together. Maybe you need some goodbye sex or something."

"Maxi," I warn him calmly, because although I don't think a warning is appropriate, I don't want to hear what he has to say. "I mean... Maybe he's right," Fabi counters, shrugging his shoulders and making me look at him in horror. "We're definitely not going to sleep together." What are the boys actually thinking? If it were up to me, we could all be friends. "Hm, that's a shame," Maxi comments, shrugging his shoulders, "It's really boring with you guys." 

"Alex asked me to move in with him," I announce instead. Maxi smirks. Now he has something to think about again before he looks at his own life. Fabi shakes his head in disbelief. "So do you live downstairs too or do you end up up here from time to time?" Maxi teases me before Fabi can say anything. "Man, Maxi, we haven't been close for the last few months. If you don't want us to talk about it, then please don't either," I say gently but firmly, "I have to go back downstairs." 

I get up and walk briskly to the door. Alex must be wondering why I'm not back yet. "Hey, Lu," Maxi stops me and when I turn around, he's standing alone with me in the hallway. "Yes?" "I hope it really works out with Alex," Maxi lets me know sincerely, so I smile gratefully at him, "Seriously. I know what it's like when the person you actually like doesn't seem to fit into your life and you do everything you can to reconcile these opposites, but it's not easy. I also know that I wasn't perfect as a brother, but I'm here if you need me." 

Instead of answering, I hug Maxi first and enjoy the fact that we have been able to experience a moment of ordinary sibling love after years of ups and downs. "Please don't let our parents run your life, Maxi. They mean well f o r us in their own way, but that doesn't mean it's good. Whoever you really love, you deserve to be with her," I try to encourage him, but Maxi shakes his head. 

"She doesn't feel the way I do, Lu. No matter what, she would never be with me. At least then I can please other people if it doesn't work out for me." "How did they react to you asking them to meet Alex? Were they unfair to you?" I ask anxiously. 

"No. They said they were disappointed with Lea and Laura's performance, but that's their problem. The more dissatisfied they are with Lea, the more time I have for true love," Maxi says thoughtfully, "They were relatively relaxed. I had good conversations with some of my business partners yesterday, they owe me one. They should at least give Alex a chance give." "Thank you, Maxi." I hug him gratefully and feel how Maxi is surprised at first, but then intensifies the hug. "I know how close you were and that I'll never get close, but I want to be just as much of a brother to you." 

"No Maxi," I immediately shake my head vigorously, "you're just as much my brother and you always have been. I'm sorry that at times I thought you were just like that. In all the grief, I forgot about the people around me and that they miss him just as much." "You've been there, Lu. You should have been offered help immediately. Instead, I let you down too. Just please don't think that I'm putting anyone above you. I'm just trying to find the easiest way for us to live our lives freely."