Chapter 6

"I don't want to go." Josie pouts as we pull into daycare.

"I know, I know. Just for a little bit." I promise and she crosses her arms.

"Awh. Why?" She whines.

"Because mommy has to talk to someone." I tell her while holding her hand as we walk to the rainbow painted door.

"You be back fast?" She asks concerned.

"Yes baby." I take her inside and as she gets playing with the other kids I thank the daycare worker then leave. I get in my car and head towards Starbucks where I agreed to meet Tobias. Honestly, I do not feel like talking to this bastard.

"One large Strawberry- Banana Smoothie, please." I order while waiting for him to show up since I am a bit early.

"Okay. Three dollars and sixty nine cents. Can I have a name?" I pay the cashier and give my name before finding a nice corner booth to sit at. Maybe this is a bad idea. Maybe I shouldntbe meeting up with Tobias after Dale left. It feels wrong. I start to get up to leave and the bell rings. Shit, Tobias strolls in with his famous smirk that deepens when he sees me.

"Tris! You actually showed up!" He exclaims sitting down casually and I mentally groan.

"Talk. You have 10 minutes." I inform him and he looks taken back at my coldness. Its not like he lied to me and made me look like a fool back then, right?

"Oh um, okay." He clears his throat then continues. "I made a mistake. A huge one. I never meant to intetionally hurt you or anything. I swear. I was just jealous and angry that someone like Dale could come and take you from me."

"Was it all honestly a dare though?" I ask with hurt written across my face.

"Yes, but after we started dating it was all real. Too real. I was so damn lucky to find someone like you." Tobias says and I notice how he is nervously chewing his bottom lip.

"And you wanted to tell me this now because?" I raise my eyesbrows curiously.

"Well, I thought.." He trails off and my eyes widen in realization.

"Oh my... I can't believe you. You honestly think that you can come here and take me away from the life I am living now? I am happily married, Four." I spit out in disgust.

"Tris, listen please. It wasn't just me who hurt you, you know. You hurt me when you chose a guy who I never heard of over me. You left without telling me. I was so fricken depressed. I actually thought you loved me. I should be the mad one." He spits back and I flinch. He is sort of right in a way, but my pride gets the best of me.

"Well I guess our 'relationship' was all built out of lies then." I retort and he frowns.

"You never loved me?" He whispers lowly obviously hurt.

"No." There goes my pride taking me over again. I wanted to be honest and tell him yes so bad.

"Okay.... well then. I guess that's what I wanted to know." He let's out a shakey laugh.

"Are we done here?" I ask and I feel so guilty.

"Yeah, I suppose. When are we meeting again?" His question suprised me.

"Four, I just hurt you and you still want to meet up again?"

"Yep, I'm to stubborn to give up." He smirks "Plus, I promised someone to watch you." He adds.

"What? Who?" I furrow my eyebrows. Do I have a stalker? Cause if I do they better be hot and not an old pervert.

"Oh. Um. Dale." He mutters quietly. Did he just say Dale? I better of misheard him.