Chapter 10

"Mommy, I miss daddy." Josie whispers against my neck and I sigh.

"So do I sweet pea, but we might be able to face chat with him tomorrow." I exclaim quietly so I don't wake up Tobias who is sleeping on the couch.

"Otay momma. But why is Toe here still?" She asks curiously and for a second I'm caught off guard.

"Oh, uh he's helping us until daddy gets home." I explain and she nods understandimg.

"Otay momma. is he gonna live with us?"

"No, babygirl. He's going back home later tonight." I tell her and she nods before laying her head on my shoulder.

"I'm tired." She yawns and I pick her up.

"Let's get your nap in." I tell her, carrying her to her room.

Tobias has been here the past three days and it's been loads of fun, but I don't want anyone to get the wrong idea between us so he needs to go home today. Dales letters are suppose to be coming in again soon and Josie is already missing her dad alot.

"I'll wake you up later, okay?" I ask her gently lying her down.

"Yeah." She mutters already closing her eyes. I smile at her relaxed features. She's so beautiful.

"Hey Tris." I jump at Tobias soft whisper and quickly turn around.

"Uh, you need something?" I sigh running a hand through me hair.

"I figured I'd head out and give you to some space." He says still quiet.

"Oh okay. How about a drink before you go?" I ask politely. Maybe talking to someone will help calm my nerves.

"How about you beg me to stay?" He smirks crossing his arms and leaning against the door frame.

"What? No." I retort chuckling while pushing him to the side to get out in the hall.

"Fine. If you really want, I'll stay." Tobias groans following me to the kitchen and I hide a smile.

"Beer?" I offer holding up one from the fridge while getting one out for me and he nods.

We sit across from each other in the living room in silence and let me tell you, it was awkward.

Tobias clears ha throat and my head snaps up towards him.

"So, did you hear anything more from Dale?" He asks nervously.

"No. A letter should be coming in soon though." I reply dishearteningly.

"Ah, I see. How are you doing with.. er... him being, you know, gone." Tobias shuffles uncomfortably in his seat and I smile weakly.

"Thanks for caring, but honestly you don't need to ask that if you feel uncomfortable." I assure him.

"Thanks, I did feel awkward." He sighs chuckling.

"It's just so stressful you know? Between caring for Josie an worrying about getting a job, I barely have time for myself. I feel like dying."

"You know what I think you need?" Tobias asks setting his beer down.

"What's that?" I raise my eyebrows taking a sip.

"A night out. Tonight." He replies grinning.

"That sounds ama- never mind. I can't. Josie." I say disappointed.

"Have someone come watch her." He suggests.

"I'll have Kelsey come over." I start to get excited about a night out as I pull out my phone.