Chapter 8

"Christina?" Tobias and I exclaim together in shock. Christina looks between me and Tobias then glances back at Ben.

"You guys know her?" Ben asks confused.

"Of course I know that bitch." I spit out and her eyes widen.

"T-tris, I d-didn't know." She stutters as I glare at her. Noah, being the good guy, takes Josie outside to the backyard and Kelsey follows him, leaving Tobias, Ben, Christina and me.

"Wait, please explain someone," Ben demands frowning.

"Christina, was all part of the high school dare. I actually trusted her to be my closest friend." I scoff and guilt floods her features.

"Wait.. your the Christina who I met years ago?" Ben asks shocked and she bites her lip.

"I did not know you were the same person. You don't even look the same." She explains, but he shakes his head in distaste and steps away from her.

"Are you cheating on Will?" Tobias speaks up coldly.

"No. Of course not! I love him. Ben and I are yoga buddies." Christina mumbles the last part and Tobias stifles a laugh.

"Yoga buddies? Wow, whatever." I scoff.

"Its true, we are yoga buddies." Ben mutters, but I continue to glare at Christina.

"Well I wouldn't care if she were your cousin. I want her out of my house. Sorry." I say and turn around taking a deep breath.

"Hold up." I turn around at Christinas voice and she narrows her eyes at me.

"Why is he here? You can forgive the one who started it, but not me?" She laughs unhumorously.

"Well its kind of hard to talk to someone who completely played you as their friend." I retort.

"That doesn't explain Four." Tobias glares at Christina and I roll my eyes.

"He approached me."

"I'm approaching you now!" She raises her voice and I open my mouth to reply, but am instantly cut off by Tobias.

"Stop! Now! Tris, I'm tired of fucken playing around. Can we drop this whole damn highschool dare? Everybody is so fricken depressed that they hurt you, so stop caring only about yourself and forgive people. Why is that so fucken hard for you? It wasn't all a game for me, I told you things I have never told anyone, I showed you things. I thought we had, I don't know, magical shit going on or something. A few moments ago, I didn't see an ant in the kitchen and freak out, I trashed half your kitchen just to get your attention. So can we please get over and done with things? Can we please move forward?" His explosion caught me off gaurd and everyone was still as while as quiet.

"I-um- c-can everyone leave?" I whisper/stutter quietly and everyone obliges.

"Christina, Four, stay please." I request and they look at each other before sitting on the couch. I hear Ben, Noah, and Kelsey walk out the door and I sigh in relief that some tension is gone.

"I'll be right back." I mutter and walk to Josies room to peek in. The lights were off and I tuck in her sleeping frame before kissing her goodnight.

"Fric-" The harsh whispers stop when I come back into the living room and take a seat across from them.

"Your hairs gotten so long." I point out to Christina and she shrugs.

"Its been years. Things change."

"Yeah, they sure do. Look, I'm going to get right to the point." I start then sigh before continuing. "I'm sorry. I'm sorry for holding a grudge, being rude, and anything mean I have said. I had no right even though I was mad. Can we maybe start over, Chris?"

There was a few moments of silence that I spent biting my lip before a grin spread across Christinas face.

"I'm sorry, Tris!! I was a bitch for keeping somthing like that from you, but you were like a sister and you still are!" She jumps up and hugs me tightly. I missed her.

"I forgive you." I hug her back and she sits down next to me.

"Does this mean me too?" Tobias asks gruffly.

"I- I don't know. Its just hard, you have to understand first that I'm married and happy. You can't change that, okay?" I say and pain crosses over his face.

"That's for the reminder. I understand." He sighs running a hand through his unruled hair.

"Oh I can't wait to see everyone else!" I squeal.

"Well about that.. we haven't really had contact with anyone besides Toni, Cole, Zeke, and Will."

"What? What about Uriah and Marlene? And Shauna?" I exclaim.

"I don't know. After my wedding, we all kind of went our own ways." She shurgs and I frown.

"We will have to change that." I decide and look down at the coffee table where two letters lay still. I reach down quickly and grab them.

"The letters from Dale.." I mumble and flip them around. Ones for Josie, ones for me.

Dear Beatrice,

It's been a devastaing week since I left. A long 6 days now. 144 hours. Too many hours without you two. Things over here have been slow. We are training still and I heard we are being deported in two weeks. You probably heard that I asked somebody to help you. I also probably think that you are furiated at my decision. I just want what is best for you girls until I'm back. Just remember to give people a chance. Please write back and asure me of your safety and happiness. I love you so damn much, promise you won't ever forget.

Yours truely, Dale.

By the end of the letter I am crying and wishing Dale were here with us.

"Tris...?" Tobias asks unsure and puts a hand on my back in a comforting way.

"S-sorry.. I'm just gonna.." I hold up Josie's letter and begin to open it.

Dear Josie,

Daddy misses you so much and when I get home, I will buy you as much chocolate as you want! I hope you are being the best girl you can be for momma. Try and help mommy loosen up some, okay? I love you so much baby girl. Tell mommy to help you mail me a letter.

From, Daddy.

I smile and tuck the letter into the envelope, I will definitely show her this tomorrow.

"Are you okay?" Christina asks and I shake my head.

"No I'm not."

"Don't worry, Tris. I'll be here." Tobias mutters quietly, but I hear him clearly.

"Thank you guys, I really missed you." I tell them and Tobias hides a smile.

"Well, I better get home... Will is probably wondering where I am." Christina announces.

"Aw okay, we have to get together and catch up soon." I say standing up and giving her a quick hug.

"Sounds good. Four, so you need a ride?" She asks and I furrow my eyebrows. Why would he need a ride?

"Did you walk here?" I ask suprised.

"Yeah. And no thanks Chris." He says sheepishly and she nods then leaves.

"How far did you walk?"

"I'm just staying at a hotel a few miles away." He replies shrugging.

"I'll give you a ride home la-" I am cut off by my ovens timer and I grin.

"Wanna stay for some brownies and a movie?"