Chapter 14

"Tris....you're pregnant." Christina whispers staring at the five positive pregnancy tests.

"No.. oh my..." I start to tear up and Christina wraps her arms around my shoulders.

"Hey, it's going to be fine." She assures and I cry on her shoulder.

"Tris? Are you alright?" Dales voice is laced with concern as he knocks on the door that Christina had shut.

"Uh.. Yeah! I'll be right o-out." I call back pathetically.

"Come on let's get you cleaned up." Christina says wiping some tears off my cheek and I oblige. I wrap the tests in toilet paper and stuff them deep into the trash can.

"Your going to tell Dale right?" She asks with raised eyebrows.

"Yeah, of course." I lie. Maybe it's best if he doesn't know right now.

"Tris. Your lying. You need to tell him, today."

"What if he leaves me? What if he leaves us?" I motion towards my stomach where a child is now growing.

"Listen, do you really believe he doesn't love you enough to leave you?" Christina exclaims while patting down some of my stray hairs.

"He does love us. I'm just.. Worried." I admit nervously and she sighs.

"Tris. Trust me, go tell him and everything will work out. Okay? Now go." She demands urging me out the door.

Checking the bedroom, I walk down the hall to find Dale. I hear him laughing in the kitchen and my hands start to get sweaty.

It's now or never.

"Dale." I call out his name as I peek in the kitchen and his head snaps towards me along with Josie's, who was sitting eating a ham sandwich.

"Yes?"

"Can I talk to you?" He obliged by following me outside to the backyard.

"Everything ok?" Dale instantly asks as I shut the back door.

"Yea- well I don't know. Dale, I-I'm p-pregnant." I whisper the last part quickly and I feel tears starting to form again.

"Pregnant? Tris, why are you crying? This is great!" He exclaims wrapping me tightly in his embrace.

"You don't have to pretend, I understand. I can always get an abortion or something. I mean there is poss-" My rant is cut off by Dales gentle lips covering mine.

"You will not get an abortion, that is horrible to think about. I am so damn happy you are pregnant, even though the child isn't mine, I will definitely love him/her as my own." I start to cry at his words and he hugs me tighter.

"So you won't leave us?" I croak and he freezes.

"Leave you? Tris, do you honestly believe I would fricken leave you? I would never leave you! I love you so much it hurts." He assures and I sigh in relief, wiping some fallen tears from my cheek.

"I love you too. But, what will I do about Tobias?" I ask concerned while looking up at Dales face.

"Well, if it were me, I would want to know. So I suggest you let him know you are pregnant, but let him know you are taking custody of the child."

"He's going to flip." I mutter pulling away from Dales embrace.

"Probably."

"Okay, I'll have him meet me in an hour somewhere." I decide and Dale frowns.

"Your going to meet him? Just text him." He huffs in annoyance.

"It's better to talk about this face to face." I reply shortly and walk into the house.