Chapter One

The woman's face was peeling, her skin a sick yellow. Her eyes full of hunger, her parched lips open to reveal rotting teeth. Her breath stank and Izuku refrained from turning away, no matter how much his eyes watered. There was no way he was going to look away from her, weakness was not a luxury he was able to show. She launched herself at him but Uraraka was quicker, the dart catching the creature in the neck. Izuku stepped back as the woman shrieked, falling to the ground and twitching uncontrollably.

Grimacing, Midoriya looked over at Ochako, who had been crouched and hidden behind a metal beam, "thanks," he said, trying to keep his voice calm. She nodded and stood, stretching.

"Hurry up you two, i'm picking up on at least three more headed your way and we're running low on darts," Iida's voice came through the earpiece both were wearing.

Lowering himself, Deku looked at the zombie, sighing in relief when he spotted the color returning to her face. She was still dead, no amount of potion could change that but she was no longer a zombie. At last, she could properly rest in peace. Uraraka helped him pick her up, and together they headed out of the building.

They burned the body in silence, waiting until her body turned to a dark ash before making their way back to camp.

There was a cool breeze that swept up the leaves on the ground, twirling them like a ballerina. The sidewalk was cracked, weeds left unattended. As they walked, the sidewalk disappeared, replaced with gravel, the ground slopping up suddenly. At the top of the large hill sat an old house, with chipped paint and broken windows. The only thing part of the property that didn't look abandoned was the large garden, flower of all colors, fruits and vegetables of all kinds. It didn't fit but was beautiful anyways.

A women was perched on the roof, watching as they approached. Her green hair was tied back, her clothes covered in dirt, her boots muddy. Tsuyu grinned at them, hopping down to the ground with an odd grace considering she'd jumped two stories.

"Welcome back," she called, jogging down to meet them.

Asui kissed Ochako on the cheek, taking her hand as the three of them made their way up to the house. A quick glance showed that Uraraka was blushing, a small smile on her lips.

The door opened with a creak, the chatter of voices upstairs silencing immediately.

"Just us," Izuku called.

A child appeared at the top of the staircase and two more people peaked out from the doorway that led into the kitchen. Ayaka squealed, running down the stairs and launching herself into Izukus arms.

Ayaka Midoriya was short, barely reaching her brothers shoulders, her shoulder length green hair had been tied into pigtails making the nine year old look much younger.

Grinning, Deku gave her a hug, kissing her on the forehead, "how's your day been, love?"

"Good! Asui and I gardened and I fell in the mud!" Ayaka babbled, "after that, Shoto and I played hide-and-seek in the woods!"

Izuku frowned, glancing up to see Todoroki standing by the wall, looking extremely bored, "it's not safe to go out in the woods, especially not now."

Ayaka pouted but Shoto just shrugged, "the kid was being annoying, plus a little game never hurt anybody."

"We're in an apocalypse! With zombies! Who eat brains!" Midoriya argued.

Todoroki sighed, "fine, it's your sister."

Sensing the awkward tension, Asui chimed in, "I made soup!"

With that, the group piled into the kitchen, letting the mood brighten. The soup was plain, the vegetables soggy, the broth too watered down, despite this, everyone thanked Asui for the food.

Ayaka and Izuku cleaned up, washing and putting away the dishes, sweeping, and wiping the counters. Deku was just putting away the final dish when a crash sounded from upstairs followed by a scream. Setting the plate on the counter, Izuku and Ayaka rushed up the stairs to find Ochako crumpled on the ground, glass surrounding her. A large gash in her leg was bleeding, oozing blood. She had several other smaller cuts. A chair lay toppled over nearby.

Midoriya knelt by her, careful not to touch any of the glass. Tsuyu appeared at his side, worry in her eyes, "are you ok? What happened?"

Uraraka groaned and attempted to smile reassuringly though it looked forced, "I'm fine, I was trying to put that glass vase back up on the shelf and I slipped."

"Izuku, can you pick her up and bring her to the bathroom?" Tsuyu asked, looking at the green haired boy, "I'll grab bandages."

Nodding, Midoriya grabbed Ochako, carrying her bridal style to the bathroom. She tried to protest, claiming she could walk on her own but he ignored her, setting her down on the counter. Asui appeared in the doorway, followed by Todoroki who evaluated the wound with a frown, "it'll become infected if we don't treat it right. The glass she cut herself on was old and dirty."

"Do we have any water left?" Tsuyu asked and Shoto shook his head.

"I can go get some, I'll be quick," Izuku offered.

Todoroki nodded, "take the gun with you."

"Can I go too?" Ayaka pleaded, but Deku shook his head.

"It'll be too dangerous," Midoriya replied, moving past her and making his way back down the stairs, grabbing the gun from off the table.
~~~
It had begun to get dark, the only light coming from Izukus flashlight. So far he hadn't seen a single zombie, which was a relief but also odd. It was deathly silent, not even the crickets were chirping. He walked down the sidewalk, heading for the convenience store. A crunch of leaves sounded behind him and he froze, slowly turning around.

T.B.C

How do y'all feel abt the chapter? I think I did pretty good, my writing's definitely improving.

Should I bring back the questions? I'm thinking I might start doing quotes at the beginning on my chapters?

Anyways, hope y'all have a great day/night and I'll be back with another chapter soon.

~A