I - Begin Again

Danielle woke up to the sun shining on her face through a crack in the curtains. With tired eyes, she realized that it was finally time for the first day of school.

"It's so early..." she mumbled with a tired tone.

After getting ready, having breakfast, and bidding farewell, she left for school. She disembarked from the bus and entered the school. People were everywhere, greeting each other and laughing. Eager to know if she would be with her friends this year, she went to check the class roster.

Suddenly, she heard Hanni, her best friend from last year, calling her name and lightly patting her back.

"Hey, Danielle! There you are!!!" Hanni exclaimed.

"Oh, hi Hanni! You scared me there!" Danielle replied with a chuckle.

"Sorry, I didn't mean to scare you. I was just so happy to see you! How are you? Anything new?" Hanni asked.

"There isn't much happening, but I want you to know that I'm okay!" Danielle responded with a smile that was fixed firmly on her face.

"That's incredible news! I'm thrilled to hear that you're doing great. By the way, have you had the chance to check out the sections yet?" Hanni asked cheerfully.

"I was just about to! Have you checked your section yet?" Danielle asked Hanni, who was jumping in excitement.

"We're actually in the same class!" Hanni replied with a bright smile

Danielle's eyes widened as she heard the statement, and a big smile slowly formed on her cheeks.

While jumping up and down with excitement, Danielle exclaimed "Yes! I was so nervous to be in a different section, but I'm so glad to be in the same one as you!"

Hanni chuckled and kept her eyes on the board

"Oh! Is that why you kept staring at the board? Are Kim Minji and Pham Hanni in the same class?" Danielle teased the latter.

Kim Minji, Hanni's long-lasting crush from last year, Hanni still holds feelings for her.

"Danielle, you know that I have moved on. Besides, she probably has someone new."

Hanni's cheeks slowly formed a slight blush as she looked down at the floor.

"Oh, come on Hanni! I know you still like her...Plus, she recently broke up with Jungwon, so you could take the chance. "

Danielle said with a smirk on her face

Hanni groaned in annoyance

"Whatever...I'll go catch up with Yunjin and Hyein, see you later!"

Danielle was left at the school board wondering who else would be in her section.

"Let's see..." Danielle was going through the list of names of her new classmates, as she was trying to familiarize herself with them.

"Hanni, Hyein, Yunjin, Jungwon, Minji, Eunchae, Kazuha, Sunghoon..."

Danielle was intrigued by a certain name.