VII - Can't Think Straight

Danielle and Haerin had planned a date and were both excited yet nervous. Danielle had been preparing for this moment for days, spending all night flustered with joy and panicking about what to wear. Meanwhile, Haerin's mind was racing with thoughts of every possible scenario that could happen and how to have a conversation with Danielle properly.

Feeling indecisive, Danielle called her friend Hanni for her opinion. "Hanni! Which dress do I pick? The blue one or the purple one? Hurry!" she asked.

But Hanni, caught off guard, responded with a sarcastic remark, "Not even a hello? How would I know? What are you even dressing up for?"

Danielle, feeling embarrassed, hesitated for a moment before confessing, "I have a date with Hae- someone!"

Hanni, realizing the importance of the moment for Danielle, changed her tone and tried to be more supportive. "Okay, that was weird. I'm sure whoever you're going out with will like any dress. Now leave me alone!" she said.

However, she couldn't resist teasing Danielle a little, "You've never even been on a date, who could be this important? Unless it's Haerin," she chuckled.

Danielle, feeling vulnerable, finally admitted the truth, "Fine, you got me! Now help me pick a dress, please!" Her nerves were at an all-time high, and she was on the verge of tears.

Surprised by the news, Hanni couldn't help but exclaim, "What?! I was joking, but it turned out to be true! I called it! You do like her!"

Danielle had been on the phone for quite some time, but the conversation had suddenly become too overwhelming for her to handle. She hung up and took a deep breath to calm herself down. It wasn't easy for her to deal with such intense emotions, but she knew she had to focus on something else to distract herself. So, she decided to pick out her outfit for the evening.

She had two options - a blue dress and a purple one. The blue dress was stunning, but Danielle thought it might be too much for a first date if that's what you could call it. She picked up the purple dress, which was made of satin and was right above her knees. It had a V neckline, which perfectly complemented Danielle's neck. She paired it with white heels, and the combination looked stunning on her. She did her makeup and waited by the window for Haerin to pick her up.

Haerin, on the other hand, was busy planning out the date. She had asked Danielle out, and she wanted everything to be perfect. She hoped that after dinner, she could take Danielle to her favorite spot - the beach. Haerin loved looking at the moon while sitting on the beach and wanted to share that experience with Danielle. She thought about what had happened the night before when she had randomly asked Danielle out. She realized that she had feelings for Danielle, and she wasn't sure how to deal with them because she had never felt this way before.

Haerin's alarm went off, and she realized that she was running late. She panicked because she hadn't even chosen her outfit yet. She quickly picked out a light pink dress that complemented her skin tone and accentuated her waist. She paired it with black heels and did her makeup. She rushed out of the door without even saying goodbye to her brother.

When Haerin reached Danielle's house, she took a deep breath before ringing the doorbell. Danielle opened the door, and Haerin's heart skipped a beat. Danielle looked stunning in her purple dress. For a moment, Haerin was lost in thought, and Danielle had to snap her out of it. "Hey! You look amazing!" Danielle said, and Haerin managed to respond, "T-thanks... You too..." in a shy voice.

Danielle was impressed. She had never seen Haerin dressed up like this. Haerin looked beautiful, and she had even done her makeup. Danielle couldn't help falling in love with her even more. She knew that tonight was going to be special.