III - It's A Day For You

The two girls exited school and went to the street leading to Danielle's house.

Haerin insisted on walking Danielle home, despite Danielle's initial plan to walk alone. As they walked side by side, there was a comfortable silence between them. Suddenly, Danielle started singing the tune of 'Bad' by Wave to Earth, and Haerin was captivated by her angelic voice. It felt like watching a performance in an opera theater.

Danielle abruptly stopped humming and turned to face Haerin, fixing her gaze on her. "Haerin, may I ask why you offered to walk me home? Was it out of pity or because you actually wanted to get to know me?" Danielle paused for a moment before continuing, "Actually, never mind. That was a silly question. You don't have to answer that." She smiled briefly and resumed walking.

Haerin cleared her throat before responding, "I offered to walk you home because I know it can be lonely going home by yourself. And yes, I would also like to get to know you better. After all, Minji is the only friend I've made so far." Haerin chuckled nervously.

Danielle's cheeks flushed with embarrassment. Was Haerin flirting with her? She felt a strange sensation in her stomach. Danielle's mind was racing, but she tried to compose herself. Meanwhile, Haerin noticed the look on Danielle's face and was worried she had made her uncomfortable. "Uh, did I say something wrong? I hope I didn't make you feel uncomfortable," Haerin said, looking at Danielle with concern.

Haerin's concern surprised Danielle. Was Haerin really worried about her? Did she make her feel bad with her reaction to her statement? Danielle thought to herself. "No, it's okay. I was just lost in thought. You didn't make me feel uncomfortable... you make me feel safe," Danielle said, looking at Haerin with a determined look.

Haerin blushed slightly at Danielle's words. "Well, I'm glad to hear that," Haerin replied, feeling a bit more at ease. She wasn't very good at holding conversations, but luckily Danielle was.

"Anyways, can you tell me about your interests?" She smiled before adding "Well, I know you like cats and like being alone but...what else?" Danielle looked at Haerin and continued walking.

"Well...I like stargazing and walking at night, I like listening to music, and I like trying new things. Sometimes I paint or sketch when I feel like it...And I also really like frogs." Haerin smiled, she felt like she could tell Danielle everything, they just met a few hours ago but it felt like they'd known each other for ages.

"That's a lot to take in." Danielle chuckled, "But don't take that in a bad way...It's cute that you get talkative when it's something you enjoy."  Danielle's face turned red, did she just call Haerin cute? All of a sudden?

"Sorry if I said a lot, I don't talk to people much, and when someone is interested in talking to me I get talkative and-" Before Haerin could finish Danielle cut her off  "It's okay, Haerin you don't need to apologize, I get you."  Danielle giggled "I get talkative too when I'm interested in something, I'm glad you feel okay talking to me" Danielle softly said while looking into Haerin's eyes.

Haerin felt butterflies in her stomach, no one had ever told her that, not even her parents. She knows that they just met but she liked talking to Danielle, it gave her a sense of comfort and she feels that she can open up to Danielle.

"Thank you, Danielle. How about you? What are your interests?" Haerin asked. "Well, I like taking pictures of things I find pretty. And I like spending time with my friends or family, quality time is my love language...But anyway, I also like to bake, I like listening to music too!"  Danielle exclaimed, "What kind of music?" Haerin asked, the two may be opposites but maybe music was something they could bond over.