Chapter 3

(It's been a long while since I've updated on this story. So here is the next part. Hope you enjoy it!!! I will also find time to redraw the OCs on the OC Information chapter.)

(Val's POV)

Clank, Bobble, and I take Tinkerbell and Manic with us to deliver some supplies to the other spring faires. But with one wheel missing on the wagon, we had to strategize.

It was a good thing Clank "volunteered" to hold up the wagon in the wheel's absence. Bobble sits up front holding the reins, Tinkerbell sits next to him, Manic sits in the back with the supplies, and I fly overhead. The mouse, Cheese, pulls the wagon through the small path surrounded by tall grass.

As I fly above the wagon, Clank pants as he runs along the wagon. "Slow down, Cheese, I can't keep up!" he says tiredly.

"Cheese?" Manic asks, peeking his head beside Tinkerbell's shoulder to look at the mouse.

"The mouse's name is Cheese?" Tinkerbell asks next.

"Must be," Bobble answers. "He always comes when we yell it."

As we continue down the path, we hear rustling from behind us. The wagon stops and we all turn to see what made that noise, but there is nothing there.

Cheese squeaks nervously as the silence remains.

Bobble flicks the reins and the wagon begins to move again. But we stop again when something hidden in the grass starts to move.

I try to get a good look at what that is and my eyes widen slightly. "Oh, no. Not them," I say nervously.

"What? What is it?" Manic asks.

Before I can say anything, sprinting thistles pop out and start running around us rapidly.

"Sprinting thistles!" Clank shouts in fear.

The thistles run around and scrape their thorns against the wagon, and Clank as well. Cheese makes a break for it and runs down the path, taking the wagon with him.

I follow after the wagon and we thankfully get away from the thistles. The only problem is that Cheese is not stopping.

"Cheese, you can slow down now!" I say to the mouse, but he is too frightened to hear me.

We get closer and closer to where most of the spring fairies are working. Cheese continues to run down the flower path, almost out of control.

The four tinker fairies are screaming as the wagon heads for a tree. Cheese tries to stop, but the speed they are going at is too much.

The wagon tips forward and they crash into the tree, causing me to wince.

I fly down to the wagon and help Manic up, who is currently on the floor with a leaf-netted basket over his head. "You okay?"

Manic nods once he gets to his feet and dusts himself off. "Yeah," he says while taking the basket off his head.

Cheese sits on the seat of the wagon, still shaken up from what happened earlier.

Luckily, Fawn flies down to calm him down. "Easy," she says, "Easy, boy. It's all right. Fawn's got you." Cheese stops shaking when Fawn pets him on his nose.

Silvermist flies over and does the same thing. Only this time it's to Tinkerbell, who sits on the ground near the wagon. "Easy. Easy, girl. It's all right. Silvermist's got you," she says as she pats Tinkerbell on the nose.