Chapter 5

(Third Person POV)

Tinkerbell and Manic fly along the shore near Pixie Hollow. The sun starts to set over the horizon, creating an orange and pink hue in the sky.

"'Mine is a rare talent,'" Tinkerbell says, mocking what Vidia said earlier. "Try and tell me tinkers don't matter, Manic."

By her side, Manic rolls his eyes and sighs. "You're not wrong, Tink."

Tinkerbell's mood doesn't seem to reside one bit. "Don't worry. We'll show her what a rare really is when we--" Tinkerbell stops what she's saying when a light sparkles in her line of vision. She gasps in surprise and stops her flying.

Manic takes notice of her reaction and stops as well.

They both look down at what's reflecting the light p to them and see something hidden under the plants on the sand. Landing on the ground, they stare in awe at the many objects lying around.

Tinkerbell walks towards the items first, but she stops when her foot bumps into a bell, creating a slight jingle noise. She gets down on her knees and grabs the bell before shaking it. This time, it jingles louder.

Manic takes the time to kneel down and pick up a nail. He admires its shape before looking down to see a metal spring. Manic eventually grabs the spring and bends it a little before compressing it down to the ground. He lets go and the spring goes flying towards a coin.

Tinkerbell gasps quietly before flying over to the coin to inspect it.

"We should take these back to Tinker's Nook," Manic suggests as he carries both the nail and spring.

"Great idea, Manic," Tinkerbell says. She grabs the coin, as well as the bell, safety pin, and string of beads.

Manic also picks up a gear and a blue diamond. "That should be everything."

Tinkerbell nods before taking flight back to Pixie Hollow with him.

(Val's POV)

Back in Tinker's Nook, I work at my table weaving leaf baskets. Bobble is doing the same at his table, and Clank is looking through a basket for supplies.

The sound of items landing on a table grabs my attention. So I turn around and see Tinkerbell and Manic arrive at their shared table with...lost things.

I haven't seen any of those things in such a long time. So I walk over out of curiosity. "Hey, you two," I say.

"Hi," the siblings say in unison.

"What you got there?" Bobble asks while grabbing a diamond to inspect it.

Tinkerbell grabs the diamond from Bobble and places it back on the table. "I don't know. Manic and I just found them."

Clank picks up a nail and sniffs it for some odd reason. "Lost things." He goes to put the nail in his mouth, but I quickly snatch it from him before he does so.

"Yeah, they are definitely lost things," I say before handing the nail to Manic.

"Lost things?" Manic asks curiously before balancing the nail on the spring.

"Aye," Bobble says, "Stuff gets lost and washes up on Neverland from time to time. You know, from the mainland."

"These come from the mainland?" Tinkerbell asks, admiring the items. "That place sounds more fascinating all the time."

Clank grabs the spring and inspects it. Like before, he brings the item to his mouth, but I grab it from him and place it on the table.

Just then, Fairy Mary flies by holding her abacus, checking off the items in the workshop. "Berry bushels, check. Pollen pots, check. Lost things, check." She stops when she glances at us with the said items.

Tinkerbell is casually rolling the nail along the large coin in her hands. Manic stands beside her and eyes it with amazement.

Fairy Mary hovers over with a hand on her hip. "Lost things? Why are you fiddling with that junk?" she asks.

Tinkerbell places the coin down and says, "Oh, um...Well, they were just so unusual."

Fairy Mary starts collecting the items from the table. "You mustn't be wasting your time with that rubbish. And I won't have it cluttering up my workshop. And as for you three..."

I tense up a bit when Fairy Mary turns her attention toward me, Bobble, and Clank.

She snatches the string of beads from Clank and places it in the pile she's holding. "...no more dilly-dallying around. And don't forget about the Queen's review tonight. Goodness, there's still so much to be done!" Fairy Mary has a lot in her hands, so it's difficult for her to try and grab the diamond from the table.

With a sigh, Manic bangs his fist down on the diamond, causing it to flip up into the air.

Fairy Mary is able to catch it as it lands in the pile. "Thank you," she says before flying off.

Noticing how disappointed Tinkerbell and Manic look right now, I pat their shoulders. "Sorry about your lost things, guys.

"Well, we'd best be getting ready for the review, anyway," Bobble says as he and Clank start leaving their tables.

"What is the Queen's review?" Tinkerbell asks, sitting up straight.

Bobble turns around to look at the two. "You see, the Queen is going to review all the preparations for spring."

Clank nods. "Yeah, it's a good time for us tinkers to show what we can do, eh?"

"That's right," I say.

"Really?" Manic asks.

"Like me," Clank says as he follows Bobble out of the workshop. "I can be a wheel."

I laugh to myself as I follow them. "That was a one-time thing, Clank."

(Third Person POV)

Now alone in the workshop, Tinkerbell and Manic sit at their table in thought. They take into consideration what Val, Clank, and Bobble, said about the Queen's review.

"Perfect. That's our chance. You thinking what I'm thinking, Manic?" Tinkerbell asks her brother.

"Definitely," Manic responds with a nod.

Tinkerbell gets up from her chair and drags over a basket of tools. And as she does that, Manic grabs a few other supplies from the shelves.

They start building a few gadgets that they hope will do well for the Queen's review. And by working together, they progress through their creativity very easily.

It takes them about an hour or so before they finally finish. Each sibling takes their creations with them to where the preparations are going to be set up for spring.