Chapter 4

The next morning, I woke up in a strange bed, completely naked and nothing covering me. The bed was big, much bigger than anything I was used to, and definitely much bigger than a tour bus. I could barely reach out and touch the body next to me. A body that was also completely naked, only one leg covered by a thin sheet. At least the body was Jack's.

"Where are we?" I croaked out before even checking if Jack had also woken up.

It took a second, but eventually his voice responded, "what?"

"Where are we?" I repeated, not daring to move my body an inch. Everything felt horrible.

"I don't know," Jack mumbled. His head slowly moved to take in our surroundings.

I breathed out loudly and went to run my fingers through my messy hair. But something caught me off guard. One of my fingers literally caught in my hair. I had to tug harshly to get it out, dragging a few strands for longer than I would have liked. Immediately, I glared at my finger to see what the fuck was going on.

And then I saw it.

A huge flashy diamond right was on my left ring finger. It was a hideous, expensive-looking thing. A large clear round diamond in the middle, little diamonds outlining it, and even more diamond encrusting the entire silver band.

"Jack..." I rapidly held my hand up straight into the sky, causing my head to pound.

"What?" He grumbled again, rubbing his face with his own hands.

"What is this?!" I whispered harshly.

His eyes must have fallen on what I was showing him. "Oh, shit! Where did you get that?!"

But his question was already answered before he could say the whole thing. His own hands shot up to pull my hand towards him to have a closer look. And that's when we both saw it. His own left ring finger sported a perfect golden band itself.

"Jack..." I warned again, the realisation settling in.

Before we could even react to what was happening, my phone started buzzing on my nightstand. I rolled onto my side and checked who it was. Alex's name showed up in large letters, my phone battery a screaming red in the corner. I sat up, the whole room spinning, and swiped to take the call. Immediately, I put it on loudspeaker and turned down the volume so it wouldn't make my head hurt.

"Jacie!" Alex's voice shouted through the speaker in relief. "We've been trying to reach you and Jack for hours!"

"My phone's about to die, please be quick," I urged, rubbing my temples as if that would cure the nastiest hangover I ever had had in my life.

"We were supposed to leave two hours ago. We've been waiting for you guys, but we need to go in half an hour if we're going to make it to the next venue in time."

"Fuck," I groaned, dragging out the vowel. In the meantime, Jack started getting out of bed. The way he moved mirrored the way I felt. "I don't think we can make that."

"Jacie. We're going to have to leave!" Alex stressed. "At least tell me Jack's with you."

"He is." I nodded and watched as Jack found a sheet of paper on the desk in the room.

"We really can't wait for you any longer. Your van has already left and if we don't go now, we won't make our VIP events."

I sighed, needing a second to think, but my brain hurt so much. "You guys just go, Jack and I will figure out a way to get there before the show."

"Jacie–"

"My phone is gonna die. We will figure it out, don't worry. Please go."

I could hear Alex's voice again, but I never got to know what he said because the call cut out and my phone's screen went black. I just hoped he would listen and tell everybody to go.