Chapter 10

I entered the tour bus one chilly and cloudy morning. Despite having slept in a van, I felt fresh and ready for whatever the day would bring. Inside the bus, the four headlining guys were also already up, a couple of their crew mingling with them. Today was another well deserved day off and everybody was excited to get out and do things.

Jack was standing in the front lounge, his back towards the door so he could chat with his friends. I sneakily ran up to him and threw my arms around his shoulders.

"Good morning!" I chirped with glee, quickly placing a kiss on the back of his neck.

I got a chorus of 'morning's back from all of the men on the bus as they barely acknowledged my presence. By now, they were so used to me being around and showing affection to Jack. It was their new normal. Even now, Jack was more than happy to put his hands over mine before I slowly let mine slip down his back and around his waist.

"What's everybody doing today?" I questioned, popping my head from behind Jack to look at the others.

Rian was first to respond. "Exploring the city, finding some good food."

Everybody else just silently agreed with him with some hums and nods. They weren't the most enthusiastic bunch. But it got me excited. It meant that they didn't have any concrete plans. And no concrete plans meant that I could still steal Jack away from them.

"How do you feel about going out today?" I whispered to him, not wanting to extend my invitation to others. "You know, a good old Jack and Jacie date?"

"A good old Jack and Jacie date?" He chuckled back lowly at my choice of words.

"Yes, we haven't gone out on a date in a while," I elaborated. Tour hadn't exactly given us much space and-slash-or time to go out and do something fun. "Vegas wasn't exactly a date night anymore."

"Hmm, okay," he agreed, turning a little so I was now hanging on his side. He wrapped an arm around my shoulder. "But I decide where we go."

"I can deal with that."

So, Jack and I managed to get ourselves out of finding something to do with the others. He had a quick look around on his phone to see where he wanted to go. I fully expected him to at least tell me where we were going once he put his phone away with a mischievous grin. However, he didn't say a word. He just dragged me along to the Uber he had ordered and anxiously waited in excitement as we got closer and closer. As we sat in the backseat, we sneakily put our rings back on, reminding each other not to forget to put them back on the chain at the end of the day.

I only found out where he had taken me once I stepped out of the car. We had arrived at an arcade, tucked away in a quiet little corner of the city we were currently in. The colourful neon sign beckoned us to come inside and check out its time capsule with endless hours of entertainment. It reminded me a little of the roller skating rink I used to frequent and took Jack to one time.

A wave of nostalgia washed over Jack's face while I marvelled at the sight in front of me. I wanted to know what lied behind those tinted glass doors.

"An arcade?" I exclaimed in genuine surprise. "I've never been to one of these before."

"Really?" Jack gasped, grinning at my intrigue. "Well, today's your lucky day. I practically grew up in these places."

He led me through the entrance, a symphony of beeping machines, music, and chatter engulfing us. I couldn't help but notice how excited Jack was. He looked like a kid in a candy store, his eyes darting from one game to the next. There was no way to bring him down today. We got some coins to use for the games, and turned back to the fast sea of bright lights.