Five: Rage. Part Two.

The next morning, Eddie pulled up into a parking space outside a house...

"Okay, bud. Let's go. All right, strong legs. There we go." Eddie says, putting Christopher on the floor. "Are you sure about this? I'm gonna have Carla pick you up after the party."

"No, Dad, I... I wanna go." Christopher says.

"Hey, guys! You made it! Dillion is so excited! Maybe now he'll stop talking about it. Wait, who am I kidding? No, he won't."

"You got my emails, right?" Asked Eddie.

"I did. Very detailed."

"All right, be good, have fun. Call me if you need anything, okay?" Eddie asked.

"Okay, Dad. I love you." Christopher said.

"I love you too, kid." Eddie said, kissing Christopher's forehead. "Go, go, go, go, go."

Christopher laughed, and Eddie handed the woman a present, watching Christopher walk into the garden with another child.

"He's going to be okay, Eddie."

"I know. He hasn't had a nightmare in a week. The doctor says a sleepover will be great for him. I'm not sure how good it's gonna be for me." Eddie tells her.

"Listen, don't worry. Dillion's got this whole camping situation set up in the backyard, and Ron will be in the tent next to them. Okay, we'll call you if there's any problems. Go relax. Recharge. I will return him to you in one piece tomorrow."

"Thanks, Tasha." Eddie said, hugging her softly.

Eddie walked over to his car, opening his car door.

"Hey, that's a handicapped spot."

"I know." Eddie says.

"Oh, you know. Oh, that's rich. I had knee surgery and had to park three rows in, but, uh, look at you. Must be nice to own the world."

"Look, I'm not doing this with you, man. My kid has CP, and I just dropped him off." Eddie tells him.

"Yeah, I'm sure. Like those guys that put dummies in their passenger seats so they can use the carpool lane."

Eddie closed the car door, walking over to the man

"Did you just insult my kid?" Eddie asked.

"I ain't insulting anybody. I'm calling you out. You got something to say about that?"

Eddie glared at him.

Later that day, Eddie and Lena walked out of a police station...

"Thanks for coming to bail me out."

"I was surprised to get your call. I didn't realise we reached the bail each other out of jail phase of our friendship." She says.

"Well, there's no way I was gonna call my abuela or the 118, and well, I'm not allowed to talk to Ash."