We Got Him

"Olivia, you don't need to help me up the stairs. It has been three weeks, I can walk up the steps." Kevin complained as the two made their way up the stairs towards the bullpen. From the grasp on the railing he was lying through his teeth.

The girl simply rolled her eyes, moving her hand off of his back, still keeping it behind him. Even with his complaints every two seconds she followed him to his desk, cracking a smile, "You have to pet sunny," She circled their desks, scooping up the copper cat from the corner of her desk.

He sighed softly, stroking the cat's nose and back, "For good luck." Kevin added with a laugh, leaning back in his chair as she moved to her spot. They were the first ones in, the others all greeting him as they entered in the next minutes following.

"Glad you're back man, was missing you around here. Sucks you're on bullpen lockdown though," Adam patted the man's shoulder as he passed to go to the locker room. Voight was the next to enter, pausing as his phone buzzed in his pocket.

Instantly he sighed, "We got another one. Olivia, you're still with Jay until we get this guy." Voight looked over at Kevin, "Good to see you Kev." He added before they were getting ready to leave.

Olivia looked over at Kev with a soft smile, "See you when we get back," She reached forward, holding a fist out. He bumped it lightly and nodded. Jay led the way out, being overtaken as Olivia pulled him towards her car.

"Nope, I'm driving today, Halstead." She shot him a grin as they got in, heading to the location that Voight had sent over. Jay sighed, leaning back against the chair. Not like he wasn't used to the shotgun position.

Erin rarely let him drive and Olivia was well aware of that bit of information but either way she shrugged. "Fine by me," He said casually, the rest of the car ride quiet until they got to the run down apartment.

"This is right near Kev's place," Jay commented, getting out. Olivia slowly nodded, walking towards the house. It was nothing new.

Dead body. Writing on the wall. Nobody saw anything. So they were quick to get back to the station.

"We have four, almost five victims." Voight spoke, catching Kevin's attention. He knew he counted, but hearing it from his boss couldn't have felt great.

Olivia glanced at him, watching as he pretended to grab a blank piece of paper out of his desk even though there was one sitting right in front of him. She hadn't gotten the chance to tell Kevin who it was that was killed and she was wishing she could cause the way Voight was going about it wasn't great.

Before she could say anything Jay handed her a file, presumably the one that said everything about the fourth. And it did. Nicholas Grey. 27. Police officer. "Kev." She spoke out after she read it, earning his confused gaze.

The others paid no real mind to it as she sighed, "It's Nick." She added, louder than she meant to.

Everyone looked at her and she sighed, "His brother played basketball with Jordan a lot, even though he moved away, Nick and him still talk." Olivia frowned slightly. Kevin held his hand out, expecting the file to be dropped into it.

"You don't wanna see this Kev, I'm serious." Olivia said, pushing her chair back so he couldn't just reach forward and grab it.

One of Kevin's friends and he was dead. "C'mon Ol," he tried to counter but she shook her head, flipping through the papers. ' Sinner ' followed by a picture of just an ' s ' caught her eye, her eyebrows pulling together.

"Is uh, is this one from Kev's?" She hesitantly asked, lifting the picture towards Jay who nodded. "So Kev got an s, and Nick, who's in the same profession got the word sinner? Am I the only one thinking that that is what the killer was going to write at Kevin's?" Olivia glanced at the others.