C for Connor

The bed was warm. Too warm. Too cozy. Not one singular atom of Olivia's body wanted to get up, peel herself off of Connor's bed and get up. But she had to. Charity gala tonight or not, she still had to wake up for work.

"Don't," Connor's breath tickled the skin of her arm as he snuggled up against it, the stubble growing on his face brushing up against her.

Liv laughed softly, rolling to face him properly. "I have to," She replied softly, her hand going up to fiddle with the hair on his head as he protested, his arm tightening around her.

He shifted up slightly, shaking his head before placing it in her chest, "No you don't, tell Hank you can't go in." The doctor lightly kissed at her chest, peppering even more kisses on any bit of skin he could reach.

"I wish I could," Olivia breathed out, a chill running up her spine, "But I'm late so unless you're joining me in the shower, I have to leave you," The girl leaned forward to kiss his forehead, pulling back to get up.

Connor sighed dramatically, falling onto his back before inevitably following her into the bathroom to shower. After the shower (and.. other shower time activities), the two got dressed, talking quickly about what their day entailed.

The detective was in for a load of paperwork. They just closed out a big case so all the detail work was left and she was not looking forward to it if she was going to admit it.

Meanwhile, Connor had a major surgery, a heart transplant at his mentor's side. And his nerves were probably higher than they needed to be. He was aware how talented of a surgeon he was. But Dr. Downey was putting a lot of pressure on him to learn this side of things and it was getting to him.

"Oh, hey I wanted to give you something," Connor turned to Olivia as he pulled his shirt on, going to the bedside table and pulling out a small box. The girl lifted an eyebrow, "it's not that, promise. Here."

Hesitantly she took it, "You know I hate when you buy me things.." She spoke softly, Connor nodding but pushing her to open it.

A small, gold, circle pendant with a C marked into it sat in the middle of the purple box. Olivia looked up at him, smiling softly. "It's uh, for Connor," He muttered, the girl lightly rolling her eyes.

"No, I thought this was you telling me you have Chlamydia or something. I love it." She pulled it out, Connor reaching out to take it, draping it over her shoulders when she turned her back to him.

His fingertips brushed against her skin as Olivia looked ahead at the mirror in front of her, watching as it settled right between her collarbones. Pairing with the other necklace that never left her body. "I love you," Connor spoke, running his hands down her arms as he looked over her shoulder, locking eyes in the mirror.

Olivia paused slightly, her expression blank as she turned to face Connor, "You don't have to say it back. I just, I couldn't keep myself from saying it anymore." He spoke quickly, Liv's hand going to his cheek.

"I feel a lot of things about you Connor, really, really good things. Happy. Comfortable. Safe. I don't know if I'm ready to say that though, but I'm yours regardless." She thumbed across his cheek, the smile that grew on Connor's face giving her a small sense of relief.

At least he didn't get upset, which was the first thing she worried about when those words left his lips. "Hey, it's alright. As long as I have you I'm okay with that," Connor leaned down to kiss her, placing his hands on both sides of her face as he did. "I can say it enough for the both of us for the time being."

Olivia let out a laugh, nodding as she gazed up at him. "Well that's very good to know." She planted one last kiss on his lips, leaning into his touch, before stepping back. "I still have to work though," her hand came up to twist the small pendant in her fingers.