xxi. the hogwarts hospital wing saga

cw: brief death idealisation

-ˋˏ *.·:·.⟐.·:·.* ˎˊ-

16 YEAR OLD POLARIS BLACK SITS IN THE HOGWARTS LIBRARY,
flipping through some old book for one of her new N.E.W.T. classes. She's still in the recovering from summer phase of the year, so she prefers to keep her social interactions to a minimum. The summer had been full of ups and downs, because although she had spent the majority of it with Diablos and the Death Eaters, she had managed to sneak away for few treasured moments with James.

   What had started as just shagging had accidentally turned into more, because Polaris couldn't seem to get James out of her head. She had told him before school had ended that they'd just see each other in September, but not even a week of summer had passed and Polaris had discovered that there was a very large James shaped whole in her life. So, she had swallowed her pride and wrote to him, and they'd done their fair share of sneaking around.

   It's so much easier now that they're back at school. She can see him whenever she pleases, which is very often.

   She has real feelings for him (dun dun dun).

   She's even closer with Sirius again, let's be honest James and Sirius kind of come as a package deal. Polaris reckons that if Sirius is away from James for too long he starts to have withdrawal symptoms, and vice versa.

   To be fair, she's sort of like that with Ellen and Regulus.

   She looks up as Regulus enters the library, looking absolutely fuming and also devastated at the same time. She closes her book with a snap, and waits patiently for him to see her and make his way over. 

   Sirius follows right behind him, looking even more fuming and devastated.

   That can't be good.

   Polaris shoves the book in her bag and slings it over her shoulder, hurrying over to Reg and Sirius, who are now shouting at each other.

   "Keep your voices down," Polaris hisses, glancing anxiously to Madam Pince. "Do you want a lifelong ban?"

   "I don't give a single fuck about the library at this given moment, thanks," Sirius snaps. Polaris raises an eyebrow.

   "Yeah, watch your tone with me Sirius, I'm not involved in whatever bullshit you two are getting into," she says. Sirius scoffs, and Regulus winces.

   "Is there something you'd like to say?" Polaris says, her voice going cold. She's so not in the mood to deal with whatever Sirius and Regulus are fighting about. Knowing them, it's probably about how someone on the Slytherin quidditch team played too dirty in the last match. Merlin only knows.

   "We can't talk about this here," Regulus says quietly. Polaris frowns, okay well that rules out quidditch.

   Sirius grabs Regulus' arm, and goes to take Polaris'.

   "Don't touch me," Polaris says. "I'm perfectly capable of walking myself."

   Regulus is trying to tell her something with his eyes, but Sirius has already started walking so she can't really pay attention. They go outside, it's quiet. It's also cold, even for mid-October. Polaris shivers slightly and pulls her cardigan down over her hands. She thinks vaguely about what James is doing and if he's available right now. In all honesty, she's forgotten that Sirius is angry.

   "I cannot believe you," Sirius spits.

   "I had no fucking choice Sirius! You left in case you forgot! Did you think that they'd just be let off by the entirety of the sacred twenty eight? Something had to be done to save the family name, because you messed everything up!" Regulus shouts back.