Chapter 1

Cameron's alarm goes off and she wakes up and shuts her alarm off

Cameron's alarm goes off and she wakes up and shuts her alarm off. Cameron yawns and looks over at her calendar and smiles because it's the first day of junior year. Cameron gets out of bed and heads to the bathroom and brushes her teeth and goes to shower. Once she's done with her shower, she heads to her closet and picks out her outfit. Once Cameron's ready, she puts on her heart locket and grabs her books and her purse and leaves her room. Cameron heads downstairs and her mother smiles at her and says, "Good morning, sweetheart." Cameron smiles her perfect smile at her mother and says, "Good morning." Cameron places her books down on the table and makes herself some breakfast. Her mom says, "Are you excited for the first day?" Cameron smiles and says, "Yeah, I can't wait. This year's going to be epic." Her mom smiles. Later, after Cameron's had her breakfast, she grabs her books and bag. Her mom says, "You have everything?" Cameron says, "Yeah, let's go." The mother daughter duo leave their house and head to the car. Every year since Cameron started school, her parents would drop them off. But up until a few months ago, Cameron's dad left them for another man. Cameron was heartbroken because she thought her dad loved them, or at least her. This is the first time it will be just her mom dropping her off. Cameron lays her head on the window as her mom drives. Cameron knows her mom's hurt about her dad leaving them. Cameron was always a daddy's girl, now that he left Cameron's a lot closer to her mom. Cameron would consider her as a best friend. Cameron loves her mom so much and she wouldn't know what to do without her. They have arrived at the school. Her mom smiles and says, "Have a good day at school, sweetheart." Cameron kisses her mom's cheek and says, "I will. Love you." Her mom smiles and says, "I love you, too." Cameron grabs her stuff and heads out the car towards the school. Cameron walks through the school halls heading towards her locker where her best friends Elena and Bonnie are. Cameron smiles and says, "Hey, guys." Elena smiles at Cameron and says, "Hey, Cam." Bonnie smiles and says, "Hey, Cam." As Cameron swaps out her books, she looks over to see Matt. Elena follows her gaze to see Matt. Elena waves at Matt, but he ignores her. Elena says, "He hates me." Cameron says, "That's not hate. That's 'You dumped me, but I'm too cool to show it but secretly I'm listening to Air Supply's greatest hits.'" Bonnie says, "She's not wrong." Elena locks arms with both of her best friends and they walk towards class. As they pass by the office, Cameron stops them looking over at a guy and she says, "Hold up. Who's this?" Elena says, "All I see is back." Cameron says, "It's a hot back." Elena and Bonnie both chuckle. Bonnie says, "I'm sensing Seattle, and he plays the guitar." Elena chuckles and says, "You're really gonna run this whole psychic thing into the ground, huh?" Bonnie smiles and says, "Pretty much." Elena says, "I'll be right back. I have to go handle something." Elena walks away. Cameron looks at Bonnie confused and says, "What psychic thing?" Bonnie says, "My grams thinks I'm psychic, but I don't really buy it." Cameron says, "Huh." Bonnie says, "What?" Cameron smiles and says, "It sounds like it could be pretty cool if you were." Bonnie softly smiles. The new guy walks out the office and walks past him. Bonnie says, "He is so hot." Cameron smiles and says, "Yeah, he is." Later, Cameron's in history class journaling blocking out Mr. Tanner's voice, because one he's annoying and two he's an ass. Later, Cameron's at the Grill with Bonnie and she says, "His name is Stefan Salvatore. He lives with an uncle up at the old Salvatore boarding house. He hasn't lived here since he was a kid. Military family, so they moved around a lot. He's a Gemini, and his favorite color is blue." Bonnie says, "You got all of that in one day?" Cameron says, "I got all that between third and fourth period. We're planning a June wedding." Cameron says the last part jokingly as Bonnie laughs. Matt walks over and sits down and says, "How's Elena doing?" Bonnie says, "Her mom and dad died. How do you think? She's putting on a good face, but it's only been four months." Matt says, "Has she said anything about me?" Cameron says, "Oh, no. Me and Bonnie are so not getting in the middle. You pick up the phone and call her." Matt says, "I feel weird calling her. She broke up with me." Bonnie says, "Give it more time, Matt." Elena then walks in, but she's not alone, she's with Stefan. Matt says, "More time, huh?" Matt walks away. Elena and Stefan join the girls at the table. Cameron says, "So, you were born in Mystic Falls?" Stefan nods and says, "Mm-hmm, and moved when I was still young." Bonnie says, "Parents?" Stefan says, "My parents passed away." Cameron and Bonnie look over at Elena, because she's in the same boat as Stefan. Elena softly says, "I'm sorry. Any siblings?" Stefan says, "None that I talk to. I live with my uncle." Cameron softly smiles at the look Stefan gives a Elena and says, "So, Stefan, if you're new then you don't know about the party tomorrow." Bonnie smiles and says, "It's a back-to-school thing at the Falls." Stefan looks at Elena and says, "Are you going?" Cameron smiles and says, "Of course she is." Elena smiles putting her hair behind her ear.