Chapter 8

Cameron's walking the school halls with Matt by her side talking about their movie night last night

Cameron's walking the school halls with Matt by her side talking about their movie night last night. Matt smiles and says, "And then the ballet dancer and the krumper did the salsa." Cameron smiles and says, "Well, I was awake for that part." Matt says, "Well, I don't know when you fell asleep. Um, did you see the Celine Dion waltz about cancer?" Cameron smiles and says, "Those always make me cry." Matt says, "Yeah, and then the loud judge kept screaming and I couldn't take it, so I turned it off." Cameron says, "I sat through "Family Guy," so you owe me." Matt smiles and says, "Okay." Later, a compelled a Cameron is standing outside of a warehouse holding a compass on the phone with Damon. Cameron says, "So what do I do now?" Damon says, "Just wait. I'll be there in a minute." Cameron says, "Okay." Damon speeds behind Cameron startling her as he says, "You can give me that." Cameron hands Damon the compass and Cameron says, "So, why did you need me to do this?" Damon says, "Because I interfere with the signal." Cameron says, "Can I go now?" Damon compels Cameron and says, "You do that. Get in your car. Go home. Forget I asked you to do this." Cameron smiles and says, "Okay. Bye now." Cameron walks away. Later, Cameron's back at the school for career day and as she walks into a class room, she pauses when she sees Matt and Elena together. Cameron frowns as at two smiling at each other and Cameron thinks she'll never be good enough for Matt since he's clearly still in love with Elena. Cameron walks away with a sigh. Later, Cameron's in the cafeteria and she walks up to her mom with a smile and says, "Hey, mom." Her mom smiles at Cameron and says, "Hey, sweetheart." Cameron grabs her mother's hand and says, "Come here. I want to show you something." Her mom smiles and lets her daughter drag away. Cameron stops in front of a poster that says law enforcement. Cameron smiles and says, "I want be like you when I grow up." Her mom's heart is filled with warmth and she says, "Oh, honey. I think you'd be a great officer." Cameron smiles and says, "You'd think so?" Her mom smiles and says, "If you're anything like me. I know so." Cameron smiles and hugs her mom. A voice says, "Liz." Sheriff Forbes pulls away from her daughter and looks over to see Logan and she pulls her daughter behind her protectively. Cameron looks at her mom confused and says, "Mom?" Liz looks at her daughter and says, "Sweetheart, will you excuse me for a second?" Cameron nods and says, "Yeah, sure." Cameron walks away. Later, Cameron's waiting outside the school trying to get ahold of her mom because she's her ride. Cameron tries calling her mother, but it goes straight to voicemail and Cameron leaves her a message saying, "Hey, mom, where are you. I'm ready to go. Where are you?" Cameron hangs up when a car pulls up in front of her and Logan says, "Hey, Cameron." Cameron looks up at Logan with a soft smile and says, "Hey, Logan." Logan smiles and says, "So, your mom wanted me to tell you she's busy, so she asked me to drive you home." Cameron says, "Oh, okay." Cameron walks around the car and gets into the passenger seat. Logan smiles and says, "Make sure you buckle up." Cameron smiles and as she turns to buckle herself up, her head gets banged against the window and she's knocked out. Later, Cameron wakes up in her bed confused because wasn't she just in the car with Logan. Her mom walks in relieved to see Cameron awake and she says, "Oh, thank God you're awake." Cameron sits up and says, "What happened?" Her mom sits on the edge of the bed and says, "You don't remember?" Cameron says, "Last thing I remember was being in the car with Logan." Her mom grabs ahold of Cameron's hand and says, "Honey, he kidnapped you." Cameron frowns and says, "Why would he do that?" Her mom says, "He took you to get to me, but don't worry. He's not gonna bother you anymore." Cameron nods and says, "Okay." Her mom says, "Are you hungry? I can make you something." Cameron says, "Uh, no. I'm fine. I'm gonna go take a shower." Her mom says, "Okay, sweetheart." Cameron leaves her bed and heads to her bathroom and closes the door. Cameron looks in the mirror and sees a slight cut on her forehead. As Cameron goes to touch it she winces because of the pain. Cameron gets out her medical kit and puts ointment on her cut before going into the shower. Later, once Cameron's done she puts on her pjs and gets into bed falling asleep. Her mom walks into Cameron's room and softly smiles happy that her daughter is safe and sound.