Chapter 9

Cameron walks into the Grill looking for Elena and Bonnie but not seeing them so she walks over to Jeremy and says, "Hey, Jeremy

Cameron walks into the Grill looking for Elena and Bonnie but not seeing them so she walks over to Jeremy and says, "Hey, Jeremy. Where is Elena? I have been texting her and Bonnie all day about Duke's party." Jeremy says, "Uh, she went somewhere with Stefan." Cameron says, "Okay, well have you seen Bonnie?" Jeremy says, "Nope. Hey, who's Duke?" Cameron says, "Some guy that graduated a couple years ago. And he throws a party every time he comes home from Duke." Jeremy says, "Wait, Duke goes to Duke?" Cameron chuckles and says, "His real name is Bob or something like that. He's a total ass. But he buys the beer. You know, you should come." Jeremy says, "Uh. Yeah, I... I don't think so." Cameron says, "No, seriously. Everyone goes. Even quiet loner little brothers." Jeremy chuckles as he says, "Hmm." Cameron spots Matt and she looks back at Jeremy and says, "Think about it." Cameron walks up to Matt with a soft smile and says, "Hey!" Matt smiles and says, "Hey." Cameron says, "I wanted to talk to you." Matt says, "Me too." Cameron says, "Okay, so here's the thing. I wrote what I wanted to say down and now that I am here standing in front of you, I'm totally spacing." Matt smiles as he says, "Just say what you want say from the heart." Cameron smiles and says, "Okay, um, we kissed and I don't want things to be weird. I don't want you to have any second thoughts or regrets about us just because you don't think what we have between us is going to work. I just wanna let you know that right here and right now, I'm offering you an out." Matt smiles and says, "I meant what I said when I kissed you. I want to be with you." Cameron smiles and says, "Okay. So, see you at Duke's party tonight?" Matt nods and says, "Yeah." Cameron smiles and says, "Okay, perfect." Cameron walks away with a smile. Later, Cameron's at Duke's party with Matt beside her. Cameron sees Elena with Damon and she walks over with Matt following behind. Cameron says, "Elena, where have you been?" Damon says, "Long story no time to tell it." Cameron glares at Damon and says, "Wasn't talking to you." Damon says, "Sure you were." Matt looks at Damon and says, "We haven't met. I'm Matt." Matt holds his hand out as Damon doesn't shake it and says, "Matt, there's a reason we haven't met." Damon looks at Elena and grabs her arm and says, "You and I are going that way." As Damon drags Elena away, Elena looks apologetic at her friends as she says, "I'm sorry, guys." The two walk away as Matt says, "So, how do you know Damon?" Cameron sighs and says, "Just some guy I went out with." Matt nods and says, "He seems a little too old for you." Cameron chuckles and says, "Funny, my mom said the exact same thing." Matt says, "So, what happened between you two?" Cameron says, "Didn't work out as I hoped. Do you remember that night I was wasted and I said someone called me stupid?" Matt nods and says, "Yeah." Cameron sighs and says, "Yeah, it was Damon." Matt says, "Well, he's wrong. You shouldn't listen to guys like him." Cameron nods and says, "Yeah." Matt smiles and says, "Hey, do you want to go dance?" Cameron smiles and says, "Yeah, sure." Matt smiles and grabs Cameron's hand and they two go dance. As the two smile at each other, Matt leans down and presses his lips against Cameron's. Cameron smiles into the kiss happy.