Wriothesley | The song of Meropide

x male reader

Requested

Angst, fluff

Mentions of killing and Manipulation

A few prisoners in the Meropide had been hearing a ghostly song being sung. Wriothesley had to check it out, after so many reports from the prisoners. He headed to the main location, which was in the Infirmary.

He talked to Sigewinne, who didn't have much information for him, as her perception of the world was different from the Prisoners.

Wriothesley stayed late that night, wanting to see if it was true, and then he heard it.

The ghastly song.

Dancing guns

Someone's son

Turning into a murderer.

No one knows his heart is sad.

No one knows that his heart is mad.

He doesn't know...

That someone sees...

Beyond his cool and collected,

Persona....

It echoed around him, as he checked each room looking for the source. He made sure to do it quietly, since everyone was sleeping. Well, almost everyone.

As Wriothesley walked down the hall, the voice got louder. He was going in the right direction. He came to the last room, and where the voice was the loudest.

Moving stairs

Painted things

Once a day

In December.

And a song,

She used to sing...

It's something I used to remember...

Wriothesley slowly and quietly opened the door, to see a male at a window, singing. His voice was beautiful, as well as angelic.

Wriothesley stood there, and listened to him sing for about 20 minutes, and then left.

Once Y/n finished singing, he saw the door slightly cracked, but no one there. Y/n was sure that he had closed it. But there it was, open. Maybe he didn't close it?

Or maybe, Y/n had a secret admirer.

Few days later

Wriothesley was listening to Y/n sing every night, for three days. It brought him tranquility, just to listen to Y/n's voice. Night three, Wriothesley noticed the voice was getting louder, but he didn't care.

Until, it stopped.

"What are you doing?" Sigewinne questioned Wriothesley.

"I'm investigating the ghost rumors." Wriothesley stated.

"There are no ghosts, it's just Y/n singing." Sigewinne demands.

"Excuse me?" Y/n questioned, as Wriothesley looked over at the shorter male.

Wriothesley didn't let his blush show, as he kept an emotionless face.

He looked over at Y/n. "Yes?"

Y/n eyes widened when he saw it was the Wriothesley.

"U-um, what are you doing here Duke?" Y/n face flushed red.

He was hotter than Y/n thought.

"The ghost rumors." Wriothesley stated. "You've heard of them, right?