4.

(Author here, sorry again for the late post, one will be out tomorrow as well, and more next week since I'll be on break. Also, I have been thinking of adding other POVs to the story please tell me if I should. Thank you and have a good reading time,)

The fire of the commons cracked as I had my nose placed in a book. Classes finished and it was getting later. Supper would be soon but all that mattered was my book. Time passed and as I neared the last page someone jumped on me. "Mother of Merlin!" I flinched to find Regulus holding my legs.

"You won't hurt me if I'm near Y/N." He held my legs tighter. I looked up to see Tom holding his wand as if he was about to cast. He was frozen as he blinked looking at me and Regulus.

"Reggie, honey is Tom being mean and threatening you," I said in a baby voice. 

"Don't coddle him. He started it." He yelled at me as Regulus nodded at me. "Regulus, I swear if you don't let her go I will tear you off her." He gritted out. 

"Tom Marvolo Riddle. Reggie go to your room for a minute," I glared at Tom. Reggie pulled himself off me and walked to his dorm. "What on earth are you doing?" I stood and crossed my arms. 

"He was getting on my nerves," Tom grumbled looking at me. 

"News flash everyone gets on your nerves, but that doesn't mean you need to kill them." I pinched the bridge of my nose, "Look I've tried dealing with your tantrums but it gets too much to handle. We've been together about two months and you're already making me sick." 

"Well it's not like you don't have tantrums, like a week ago when Blaise took your scarf and ran off, you froze him to get it back," Tom said, stepping closer to me, "Then when you didn't get to dinner on time so you locked yourself in your room."

"One, it was freezing the day Blaise took my scarf, two I was having a bad day when I didn't make it to supper. But yours are still worse, like last week when I was helping a first-student get to class you threatened them, I had to send three apology letters to them last week." I huffed out, I could feel a headache working its way up. "God you are so possessive, but when I want a hug or some sort of affection you brush me off." 

Tom looked shocked as I spoke. "I. Y/n..."

"Save it, Tom, I don't think I can do this anymore, I'm sorry but it's over. Go find another girl to brush off. Bye." I wrapped my arms around myself and walked to my dorm, Tom was just frozen, watching me walk away. 

I grasped the letter an owl had just brought me, classes were hard with most being with Tom, and I felt like I hadn't spoken in a few days. Just small words. I tore the wax seal off and swallowed before reading. 

My  Darling Y/N, I'm sad to send this letter. If you've gotten this it means I've passed peacefully. I'm sorry my dearest, I wished I could have had more time for you, but I couldn't. My will shall be read and I've already sent Charles to get you. He will be your caregiver instead of just your driver now. I would pack up Rufus and start heading to McGonagall's office. She was a dear friend of mine and I hope she will comfort you when I can't. Hopefully, I'm in a better place. I might see your parents, but I must cut this short as I have little time. Goodbye, my little dove. 

Tears started to fall on the paper as I listened to Grandma and started to walk to McGonagall's office. Rufus slept in his cage as I was greeted by Charles already waiting for me. "Miss Green." He muttered, his arms open as I got to him and fell into his hug. He was the father I never had, always there when I needed someone. 

The mansion was empty and sad. Others wouldn't know why I left early some would think it was me leaving for Christmas early. The will reading was on Monday, it was on Thursday. The marble whites of the house were dark with the setting sun. I walked up the stairs holding Rufus close. The painting of my family members the farther down the hall I got the more it felt like I couldn't breathe. I've had panic attacks before but this got worse the more I walked. Soon I felt like I needed to stop. So I did, I stopped and slid down the wall. I tried to breathe taking big gulps of air. I reached for my phone, but it was off I turned it off after I broke up with Tom, I didn't feel like talking to people. I held the power button, and the light flashed. I watched the screen power up and the buzzing start. Group chats, people I knew, my friends, Pansy. A few from Tom. 

Pansy: Hey, didn't see you this morning and I didn't see you in classes. You left without words last night just wanted to know what happened. 

Draco: I heard about you and Tom, and wanted to check up on you. You even have snape worried what happened where are you? Hello! Are you even alive? 

Blaise: I heard what happened. It's funny seeing Tome being the one who hurt. 

I checked those three before shutting my phone off again. I probably had hundreds more but I didn't want to look. I want to shut the world off and just be cold. This week was filled with heartbreak and sorrow.

When I finally pulled myself off the floor I went straight to my room and started to clean, I blasted my music, I was dancing and crying to the shuffled songs. It was about two in the morning when I finally decided to let people know I was still in the land of the living. Starting with Pansy. 

An hour into responding to people I finally decided to open Tom's messages. 

Tom: Princess, I'm sorry.

 Please talk to me, I never meant to hurt you. 

Y/N please respond, I know it was my fault but I don't want to leave it like this. 

Princess, answer soon. 

I frowned at the messages. I thought he would have thrown a tantrum and destroyed the castle. But he hadn't from my knowledge. 

(I told you it would be longer. I feel like I'm moving the story a little to fast so from here on out it will be slower. Also your getting two songs this time since I forgot to give you one last chapter. Thank you for reading, make sure you drink some water, love you and thank you for reading.)

Haunted-Taylor swift. (For Tom.)

Family Line-Conan Gray. (For Y/N)