8.

★I mostly just skipped into the Annual Event, so if you feel like you're missing something it's me.★

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I watched people file in, it was minutes to start and I saw no sign of Cassius. I took a breath before calling him.... Voicemail. My next thought was Draco, but I didn't know if he had his phone. "Shoot," I muttered.

"Missing someone Lady Green?" A voice, familiar, said from the shadows. I turned to see a nicely dressed figure. He stepped from the shadows.

"Tom?" My breath caught, "What did you do to Cassius?" I stood in place, if I stepped forward I would be starting something. If I stepped back I would give him what he wants.

"He's just taking a small vacation to Russia, he should be back in two weeks time." Tom smiled. "It seems you need a new partner." He chuckled.

"That I do, maybe Blaise, or Theodore, or what about Draco." I said, I hit call on Draco's contact, but Tom stopped me.

"Don't." He held my wrist. "I think I need you to listen." He muttered. I stopped and put my phone down.

"I'll try," I took a step back, "Just don't touch me." I held myself as I watch him take a seat.

"Princess, I've cared for you since we first met. I've noticed the little things,how  you giggle when you think something is funny that no one else laughs at, how you play with your jewelry when your nervous, how your eyes twinkle when you see someone again." He looked up to the ceiling. "You've held a special place in my non beating heart. For a moment it only beat for you."

"I...I don't know what to say." I looked away hoping he wasn't here to ask to be with me again, but deep down I could sense that was what it was.

"Y/N, I love you, and I don't think you love me as I love you." He stood up coming closer to me. "So let me leave you with—" The door burst open as he lifted my chin.

"Little dove!?" Draco, rushed in and his eyes widened, he grabbed my arm and tugged me closer to him. "Tom." He said in an eerie calm. 

"Malfoy, me and princess, Y/N, we're having a private conversation." Tom's eyes looked like daggers as he looked at Draco. 

"Well I have to get her to the party, and escort her like a true gentleman." I watched the two silently, my mouth slightly open. 

I took a breath and pushed myself between the two. "Boys please," I looked to Tom. "You are going to leave my estate and never come back unless permitted to!" I felt fury rise to my throat. "And Draco, go tell the everyone that I'm ill and would very much like them to enjoy themselves in my absence." I nodded to the door. Both looked at me with shock and surprise, "What are you two buffoons waiting for? Go!" I waved them off and texted Pansy. 

Me: Do you want to do something fun?

Almost immediately she texted back.

Pansy: Whose car we taking?

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I fixed my rearview mirror as Pansy ran out of her home and through the snow to my car. "So what happened to make you skip your massive party and come get me?" Was the first thing she said when she got to my car. I smiled and touched up my lipgloss. 

"Boys." I chuckled as I started to drive. 

"Let me guess. Good ole Tommy?" She batted her eyes. 

"Who else?" I kept my eyes on the road. "He shipped my date off to Russian for two weeks then said he still loved me." I made a disgusted face.