Chapter 10 Shane

Fucking finally. One week ago I got my brace taken off, and I have never felt more free. I could breathe without the sharpness and suffocation of the goddamn brace around my torso. Broken ribs were no joke. It was hard enough to not be around Austin and his obnoxious behavior. But I had to admit, I did miss it. Everyone stopped walking around me like they were on eggshells since they got the news. Liam had to tumble down the stairs and tell everyone. Right before Allison snuck me into her room and used me for her pleasure.

Which honestly was the hottest fucking thing about her. Taking control. And I let her. Which I don't do. It surprised me all together, if i'm not mistaken. Normally she would be against me being all on her like she was with me in the hallway. I wonder what had changed. Maybe I should find out.

Maybe I shouldn't.

Maybe I should just not give a shit.

I grinned at the thought of us almost getting caught by Baylee. The look on Allisons face when she came on top of me, fuck. It was too bad we had to be quiet. I;d love to hear my name roll off that tongue of hers. I grinned at the thought.

"Something funny, Marshall?" Emma barked from the barn. "Looks like you're not a cripple anymore, I see." Walking past me, Emma made her way into the kitchen grabbing ingredients, and utensils to begin dinner.

"Something like that. Restrictions." I grinned bigger, sipping my coffee. I sat at the kitchen island looking out in the backyard near the barn. The vet was over today, checking out Meelah and her foal. She was due any day now. James had scheduled for him to come out and check on her, cause she wasn't itching much today. Still drinking, but hardly eating. It worried James. It worried Allison and the girls.

Emma's eyes went to the barn, watching the commotion happen as the vet used his hand gestures expecting something from James. Even from here, I could smell his brain trying to work and understand vet talk. Allison nodded her head with what the vet was saying, agreeing to his options and terms. I shook my head and wanted to die laughing. It was a perfect night.

The woman who is taking care of me, is also taking care of me. Maybe she's in love with me, maybe she really just wants me taken care of all in one. Maybe she was secretly plotting my death and I didn't know it. I snorted.

"Alright, Shane what is it? What's so funny?" Emma's hands into her hips, as she was in the middle of preparing a get together later this evening. Liam, Baylee and Austin were at the store getting the other necessities.

"Nothing at all, Em." My lips threatened to stretch into a smirk while sipping my coffee again. "Just watching James try to be the big man; per usual."

"Mmm, doesn't seem like that's the only thing you're watching." Emma murmured. My eyes swiveled to her over my coffee as she continued cutting up bell peppers.

"I'm sorry? I asked, setting my cup down on the counter. "What is that supposed to mean?"

"I didn't say anything." Emma replied.

"Bullshit." I huffed.

"I didn't."

"Emma, stop it. You did, I'm not dumb, so stop beating around the bush and say it with meaning. There's something swimming in that head of yours. Let it surface."

Shrugging her shoulders, Emma tossed the parts she didn't need into the trash, and the ones she needed into a pan along with other ingredients.

"I think you know what it means." Emma clipped, eyeing me over her lashes. "But, it's not my business, and it's not my place. Just watch what side of the fence you dig your hole in."