Chapter 22 - Allison

"Hey Allison! We're headed out to the show!" Baylee called out stumbling down the stairs. "Are you and Shane tagging along?" Baylee checked herself in the mirror by the door, making sure everything was in place.

Turning on my heel in the living room my brow furrowed. Then my eyes went wide. Her outfit, the hair, the number. The riding show was tonight. Fuck!

"I.. I didn't realize I was invited." I replied blushing. "I'm not sure if-"

Soon as his name was going to roll off my tongue, here Shane walked down the stairs. Jeans and a fitted green shirt, it matched his eyes. Taking in a breath my thighs clenched. My heart hammered in my chest everytime he and I were in the same room. Thanksgiving came and went, I had moved some of my things in, I was settled and thriving. Liam still avoids me, and I need to trap him somehow and talk to him. But today is too important to the guys. They need to stay focused and concentrated. It would have to wait.

"I will be there soon, Bayles. Go on ahead, I will meet you all there." Shane deadpanned stalking over to the basement door. Shane was headed down to the study. Baylee's face dropped instantly into a frown.

"How come? Shouldn't we-"

"I have some things to work on in the study. So I'll be a while" Shane clipped. Eyeing Baylee, Shane gave Baylee a small smile. "I will be right behind you, I promise. You're gonna do great out there." Winking, the study door opened then shut followed by the echo of Shane's footsteps.

Letting go of a breath, Baylee smoothed out her shirt. Turning to me as she took in a breath. "Do I look okay?"

Eyeing her outfit, her shirt was tucked into her jeans. Baylee's cowgirl boots were black and blue as her shirt matched. Stuffed with rhinestones, and a black hat to match. Her number was pinned to the back; 381.

"You look amazing, Baylee. We'll be right behind you. I will see what's going on with the old man downstairs, okay?" I grinned. Baylee smiled wide and nodded, scurrying out the door. Hearing the truck make its way down the driveway I made my way down to the study. I had only been down here once before, but that was only because I was nosey, and couldn't sleep.

....And when Shane locked himself down here.

The stairs groaned beneath my feet as I made my way down to the bottom. The lights were dimmed, and my feet touched a fuzzy carpet. Looking around my jaw almost dropped. Along the walls were pictures, medals, trophies, and some documents framed with signatures. I walked over to the opposite wall and took a look at all the trophies. First one I came to was dated abc in the 1970's. Holy shit. This was Shane's shrine for all his winnings.

Like I said I had been down here before, just never paid attention to the massive amounts of memories tagged on the wall at the time.

Congratulations to the first place winner of the National PBR championship!

On the top of each trophy a small person was riding a bill, one hand in the air. Smirking, I made my way down the wall inspecting them carefully. They were all well kept and clean. Like everything else in the house. Snorting, I came to some pictures. Going down the wall, the film was more developed, colors more strong than anything. Once again, way back to the 1990's. Looking closer, the man in the picture looked almost like Shane, but his hair was lighter. A wide smile plastered on his face, holding a baby. A group of men surrounded him when the picture was taken. Removing the picture from the wall, I looked closer.

"No way." I whispered. Shining the picture in the light, I bit my lip. The man was shanes dad, a toddler was at his ankle, which I guessed would have been Shane's brother. And in his arms, probably only one - was Shane.