Chapter 14 - Shane

I saw absolutely nothing but red. The whole house was so silent you could hear a pin drop. Those words praying in my brain over and over like a broken record on repeat.

Jack is part of the reason why Derek is dead, Shane.

I couldn't think about anything else but ripping Wrangler to fucking shreds the next time I saw him. And that next time was going to be in the ring. I was listening to every order I was given over these three months. I got through my fear of needles when the pain was too much at the start. I took my medication like I was supposed to. I took care of my body well before and during my recovery.

I did it all.

It was about time for me to get back on the bull and ride again. There was no way in hell I was going to let this slide. Austin can handle his own, I don't disbelieve that. Liam can as well, although he could use some work at some point.

The minute by fucking dead brother gets tossed into this? Ooh-ho-ho, fire was gonna rain down on that motherfucker.

There are no rules when it comes to punching the life card out early. And I had one with Jack's name on it. Not in my book anyway.

My skin was on fire, reeling, seething, sweating of anger. Austin and Liam coaxed me and tried to get me to calm down, but them telling me this was making it worse. Their voices are muffled, but I knew they were there. I felt as if I couldn't breathe again. They were crowding over me so much I couldn't take it anymore. I felt like I was a bomb waiting, ticking to go off. Shoving off the chair, and walking a lap around the kitchen, my hands on my hips, lips tight.

I was so immaculately pissed off, I could feel the steam rolling out of my nostrils with every exhale.

None of them, including Allison, said anything. I felt bad for what I said to her, but they needed to believe we still didn't like each other but I tolerated her some.

Guess it was working.

Taking in a breath I looked over at Allison. Chewing on her lower lip, her eyes focused on her phone, fingers typing away at a message.

"Anything?" I breathed the calmest tone I could; I was anything but. I was shaking to get my hands around the fuckers neck. Looking up at me from her phone, Allison nodded.

"He can see you tomorrow afternoon, and run some scans, and tests to be sure your ribs are stable enough."

"Tomorrow? He can't meet me now?" I snarled, my eyes narrowing. Allison shook my head slowly.

"No Shane. It's sunday. The offices are closed. Tomorrow is Monday and they will be open." she murmured.

"But I need to-"

"Get back in the ring, I know. I get it. I understand you are pissed off but-"

I scoffed, "No you dont. You have no idea what it feels like to be in this situation, Ally. All you do is take care of people. You are not on the other side of the fence when it happens. It's not you out there risking it all every time."

Her eyes narrowed at me, her torso turning towards me giving her attention. Her phone met the countertop with a clank.

"Sure, let's go that way with it. I have no idea what it feels like for people to be little to you and say they get it when they most likely don't. Well, I am one of those people who do, get it. Sure my job is watching people and taking care of them. But that doesnt mean outside of my job I didn't witness it myself. If you don't want me to interfere with my own opinions, fine. But don't stand here and try to piss me off when you are hurting. It's not going to do any good for you."