(∅) prelude to a broken dream

"You're lying to her. You're all lying to her."

Nobody responds. A pin-drop silence stifles the room, suffocating its inhabitants. Five chairs arranged in a crude circle— and five different expressions play out. A listless cyan-haired man, a cold red-haired man, an excited pink-haired man, a remorseless blonde man— and a furious black-haired woman. And yet, not a word is spoken in response to her.

That's fine. She can take things into her own hands.

"I thought you cared for her!"

"I do, I just— I can't—"

"Coward. Coward. You won't get anywhere with that."

"Now, now~ he's just scared of losing what precious little he has, you know~!"

"Like you have anything more! At least she relies on me! She doesn't even know you exist!"

"Hmmm~ well, unlike a certain someone...I don't really care if she does or doesn't, yknow~!"

"...th-this discussion isn't going a-anywhere. Why would you bother gathering us when you know that's all th-they're capable of?"

"...I don't know. I thought that given that it's an important matter— they'd show some modicum of sense!"

"...'kane...not nice."

"Who cares! You don't get to say anything! You're not any better!"

"...ah. ...'pose...not."

"And why are you acting like you're better than us? You're still in cahoots with us!"

"Acting? I am better than you lot— just look what you've done to her! Do you really think any of this is okay? She didn't even want to go here!"

"Hmmm~? If you're sooooo opposed, you can just leave. Don't fucking interfere."

"...don't use that tone...with 'kane."

"Ugh! Shut up, you big loser! No~body cares if you're alive or dead~!"

"...l-listen...if you want a-any of this to work out...th-then...we can't be fighting like th-this..."

"Right, because you think we should listen to you! Not a goddamn chance! You're— like— insane!

"All of you are!"

The door slams with a loud bang. Nothing good can come out of this— the noise never dies down, does it?