Be still, my child

"LET HER GO!" I yell as they tighten their grip on my mother. My face starts to heat up with anger as I raise my hand, ready to blast the mystery person wielding her. "Oh, you want me to let go of her? Hmm, I might take your idea into consideration, child," they say as purple electricity crackles in my palm. "I won't say it again! Let her go now!" I scream out, watching the electricity grow bigger and bigger as my anger rises.

I finally mustered enough energy to release an attack on them. I precisely aim away from my mother and aim for the man holding her. I watch as the electricity leaves my hand and shoots straight towards the man.

 "Gah!" he belts loudly, releasing his hold on my mother and dropping to the floor. "Mother!" I yell as she starts to descend to the floor. I managed to pick myself up and run to my mother. I looked at her in horror, seeing blood covering her face which I could not see when he was holding her.

I start to sob loudly seeing the state my mother is in. At the time I longed for her to say something, or really anything for that matter. At that moment I thought I would never see her again, but that was before I started to feel a shaky breath leave my mother's mouth."M-Mother?" I say, wiping away residual tears from before. 

"Oh Kameko, you look so beautiful." My mother whispers to me as she lifts her hand up, placing it on my cheek. "Mother, please don't leave me..." I whisper, holding back tears begging to come out of my eyes.

"Kameko, you'll have to live on your own, I don't have much longer. When I leave you, I never truly leave you...I stay right there." She says, pointing to my heart. I look at her, longing for her not to die. "But mother, I'm not ready for you to leave me yet.

 Please don't leave me..." I say letting tears fall from my eyes. She slowly allows her hand to fall from my face as I sob loudly. She smiles at me with tears in her eyes. " Kameko, I love you sweetheart." She says exhaling her very last breath. I sniffle and accept her death as I pick her up. 

"I love you too, mother." I whisper, wiping away the tears from my face. I walk to the back door of my house, opening it and walking to the meadow my mother used to take me to when I was younger. I set her on the ground and grab a nearby shovel to start digging.

After about 2 hours she was in the ground and buried. Luckily I had grabbed my grandmother's necklace that my mother happened to be wearing at the time of her death. I quickly ran out of the meadow and back to my house. Once I get to my house, I run in and grab my phone off of the counter. I quickly dial 911 and tell them what had happened that night. 

In about five minutes they arrive and arrest the man who took us hostage. They check me for injuries, and ask me where my mother is. I take a deep breath and start to speak. "I buried her in a meadow not too far from my house. It's right through those woods." I say, pointing to the woods in my backyard. They nod and bid me farewell. At last, I felt as though I was at peace...