So Far From Home (.11)

"Bigby! Snow! Sorry, I'm late," Sunny said as she approached the others at the front door.

"It's alright; we just got here too," Snow told her.

The three of them rushed down the hall of the apartment building. Stopping at a door marked 23.

"This is it," Bigby said.

"Alright," Sunny said between pants. She was still out of breath from how far she had run. "How do you want to do this?"

Bigby knocked on the door. They waited there quietly until a small girl who couldn't have been older than 10 opened the door.

"Hello?" She said as she rubbed the sleep out of her eyes.

"Um, hello," Sunny greeted. She was somewhat surprised there was a girl in the apartment of the witch.

There weren't many children in Fabletown.

Maybe she had gotten the address wrong.

"You woke me up," The dark-haired girl told her with a sigh.

"Sorry about that," Sunny let out a small awkward laugh.

"Is something wrong? I don't think I've ever seen you before," She asked them.

"Who are you?" Bigby asked.

"Who are you?" She asked back. "Just so... We're not strangers."

"Well, I'm the sheriff, this is my deputy, Fei," Bigby gestured to Sunny. Who gave the kid a small wave. "And our boss, Snow."

"Pleased to meet you. How do you do?" Rachel smiled. "Is there, um... Is there anything you need? I'm not allowed to let people in."

"Does an Aunty Greenleaf live here?" Sunny asked her.

"You mean my mom?" The freckled-faced girl wondered.

"She ever...you know," Bigby started rattling off examples. "Make the nightstand levitate? Turn frogs into cats, that kind of thing?"

"Is she a witch, dear?" Snow cut to the chase.

"Oh, no, I would never call my mommy that. She treats me alright," Rachel shook her head. "Is there...uh, something you want? I don't think I can really help you. Maybe come back in the morning?

"Rachel, do you mind if we take just a quick peek around? Sunny leaned her head to try and get a better look inside.

"We'll be very quick, and they won't touch anything," Snow assured her as the three of them made their way in.

"I've been here all night! Nobody's been here!" Rachel squeaked. She looked at each of them and let out a sigh. "Okay, Sheriff. I'm gonna trust you not to break anything. Don't get me in trouble."

"What are we looking for, specifically?" Snow whispered.

"Any signs of Crane, I guess," Sunny replied.

The deputy looked around. The first thing to catch her eye was a large potted tree over by the window. She made her way over to it and placed a hand on the trunk curiously.

"You're a long way from home," Sunny muttered to the tree.

"Do you like it?" Rachel asked from the other side of the room. "Mommy uses that to carve her trinkets. It's from the old world."

"It's very well taken care of," Sunny smiled at her.

"Wait? Trinkets? Like glamours?" Snow looked her Rachel. Who just shrugged.

"This is all very... old school," Sunny laughed. Looking at the burner shove and crochet blankets everywhere.

"Dowdy. That's how we like it," Rachel yawned.

Heads Will Roll | A Wolf Among Us Storyजहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें