And They All Fall Down (.19)

TWs: Attempted murder and Panic Attack

-

The sun had just started to rise as they got back to the Woodlands. However, there was no time to enjoy it. Bigby and Sunny took the Crooked Man straight down to the Witching Well Chamber. They followed the sound of yelling.

"I know, I know. But we have to do something."

"Are you fucking kidding me?"

"When is this thing happening?"

"Are we sure he's coming?"

"Yes, you'll have an opportunity to-" Snow tried to calm the crowd down as Sunny, Bigby and their 'guest' entered the room. She seemed relieved as she said. "They're back."

"The Crooked Man," Beast gasped as he held Beauty closer.

Bigby walked the Crooked Man up to Snow. As they passed, Gren splat at the Crooked Man and uttered an angry. "Motherfucker."

A circle of people started to gather around. Almost everyone in the room was someone Sunny recognised. Holly, Gren, Beauty, Beast, Lawrence and even Greenleaf.

Sunny hung back and ended up standing towards the back of the group, right behind Holly and Gren. Holly looked back at her. Her eyes wandered from her blood-covered clothes to Sunny's bleeding cheek.

"Are you okay? It's been hours," Snow asked Bigby. "We were worried you'd run into some trouble...at the Crooked Man's place. And after what happened with Mary..."

A concerned look appeared on Holly's face. Normally, Sunny would have at least tried giving her a smile, but the exhaustion was just too much. She simply looked back at Holly in tired defeat.

"It's nothing. I'm fine," Bigby told her.

"I guess you've been worse," Snow sighed. "The two of you did well. I'm...surprised."

They both gave her an incredulous look. Making Snow realise how that sounded.

"Not that you did well...but that...y'know... I'm just glad you made it back in one piece."

"It's about time you showed up," Gren shouted. "Now throw this asshole down the fuckin' well!"

"Yes, what are you waiting for?" Bluebeard added.

Several Fables all started shouting at once.

"What do you have to say for yourself? Those poor girls!"

"You murderer! My wife is dead because of you!

"You killed Lily!"

"She was my sister!"

"How could you?"

"Where the fuck do you get off? You think you have the right to just do this to people?"

"Everyone! Can I have your attention? Thank you all for coming here on such short notice. I know normally we'd schedule a formal hearing, but considering the circumstances... I thought it best if we do this as soon as possible. The Crooked Man is charged with the murder of Faith and L-"

"As I already informed your Sheriff and his deputy," Crooked Man interrupted. "It was Mr Georgie Porgie who killed those women, not me."

Gasps echoed through the room.

"I don't mean to interrupt you, Miss White. But I thought it would be unwise to proceed with such...faulty information."

"Bigby, is that true?" Snow asked.