A CARPENTER REUNION

f i v e

________

________

"CHAD said to meet him at the school in ten minutes, we can all ride to the hospital together," Alex nudges Jamie's side, waking her from her nap.

"Okay, let me just fix my hair," she walks into the bathroom, grimacing at the rat's nest on her head.

As she searches for a brush in her makeup bag, she stumbles on a little baggy, two pills sitting in it and taunting her.

Her dad had done a full sweep of her room after the incident, but clearly, he missed a spot. She wasn't quite sure how she felt about it.

"Jamie, hurry up!"

"Yeah, I'm coming, relax," she shouts back, eyes never leaving the bag.

She gulps, feeling the urge to take all the stress away, even just for a moment, but remembers the looks on her family members' faces around her hospital bed last time.

"Not worth it," she whispers, but puts the baggy in her jacket pocket, returning to her search for the brush.

"Jamie, for the last time-" Alex begins to walk over to the bathroom door, but Jamie opens it herself.

"God, don't have a conniption," she brushes past her, ignoring her suspicious look.

"Let's just go," Alex leads them down the hallway.

____

"I said ten minutes, not twenty," Chad jokes as the trio walks over to the picnic tables, finding space amongst the group.

"Jamie's a diva," Eli responds.

"We did not take that long," she rolls her eyes, laying back on the table, head resting in Amber's lap.

"Hello to you too," she chuckles.

Alex sits next to Wes, who continues telling everyone about this morning. "I called Sam."

"She's coming?" Amber asks, disgust in her tone. "Watch everything get worse."

"I'm just saying, with everything going on this is the time to take our relationship to the next, most intimate level," Chad says to Liv.

"Now is not the time for sex, Chad," Alex kicks his foot.

"Said no one ever," Jamie snorts.

"Have some faith in me, thank you."

"He wants me to accept his Find My Fam request," Liv explains, and Alex chuckles.

"Oh, that's gross," Eli screws his face up. "It's practically stalking. Why would I want someone to know exactly where I am at all times?"