DISAPPOINTED

s i x

______

______

NIGHT seems to fall quicker, an effect of the incoming fall weather, and soon Woodsboro is bathed in darkness.

The group finds solace in a bar on the edge of town, shooting a few rounds of pool.

"So what is she like? The sister," Liv asks, leaning against the table, as Eli knocks a red ball into the hole.

"Sam? Oh, Sam is so cool," Chad grins.

"Okay, you only say that because she let you wear Pokemon onesies to bed for a year," Mindy retorts.

"That's true, it's a true statement."

"No, trust me. Sam is not cool," Amber shakes her head. "Her dad left her mom, right? Walks right out when Tara's eight, Sam's 13. Sam started acting out, getting in trouble with the cops. And then, on Sam's 18th birthday, she leaves. Ghosts them all."

"People can change, Amber," Jamie sighs. "She's, like, old now."

"I just don't want to see Tara hurt again."

"So, what, you're protecting Tara from her own sister now?" Wes raises his eyebrows.

"Yeah, I think she has bigger issues than Sam, like you know, the serial killer?" Eli sarcastically remarks.

"Someone has to."

"Okay, so no guys are good enough for her, and now her family's off-limits too?" Wes shakes his head.

"Oh, motive," Mindy shouts.

"What?"

"We all know you have a crush on Tara."

"For reasons I cannot understand," Eli accepts the liquor Amber pours into his cup.

"Oh, come on, Mindy."

"But we're all suspects," she says with seriousness in her tone. "Except maybe Liv."

"Thank you," the girl grins.

"You're way too boring to be a psycho."

"Mindy," Alex hits her arm, turning her attention to the man approaching them.

Vince Schneider. What was it about this boy that felt so familiar?

"Yo Liv, you want a real drink? Or are you happy sitting at this kids' table?"

"You dated this guy?" Alex whispers, disgust evident on her face.

"Listen up, uglier Michael Myers. It was a summer fling, alright, it meant nothing," Chad approaches him.

"I'm sorry, was I talking to you?"

Alex sighs, knowing that would be Chad's breaking point, and nudges her brother to go retrieve him from the situation.