The Beginning of the End

~One Week Later~

Taehyung hands the money over, almost sighing as he does. Groceries. God, he's always hated grocery shopping. He could never hide the scowl on his face whenever he had to choose between breads and soups. This is much more up Amira and Jae's alley. Normally they're the dynamic duo that do all the shopping, but here he is. And he's not alone.

"We should've bought more kimchi. You can never have too much kimchi," Amira's sweet voice says. 

He's still so in love with her. Speaking of love, Jimin's out on a date with the love of his life. No, Tae's not kidding. That redhead is the love of Jimin's life. 

They're spending time with each other every single day. Of course, she doesn't know about Jimin's real occupation, but that doesn't change that Jimin's sure she'll come with him back to Italy when the time comes. 

Then again, Jimin already said he'd drop out of the program and work in Korea if it meant being with her. So yeah, Jimin's in love. Apparently Jimin was thinking of asking her to move in with them, which is a big no from Taehyung. Not that he doesn't want Jimin to be happy, he just doesn't want to hear the noises at night. Plus, he wants to be able to call his best friend 'Jimin' rather than Jae. 

And while on the topic of real names...

Tae turns to Y/n, seeing her pile the bags into their cart. He chuckles at her speediness and watches the girl move rapidly to make sure she's done by the time the cashier finishes checking them out. 

Y/n's been weird recently. Ever since she told Jungkook the truth, everything's been different. Jungkook's been distant lately, most likely to spend more time with his sister and process what he heard, but Tae hopes it isn't him being freaked out. Or worse: What if trusting him was a terrible mistake?

"How you feeling?" he asks, obviously referring to the Jungkook situation, but she pretends not to pick up on that. 

"I'm fine. How are you?" she asks back, humming and strumming her fingers alongside the counter. Before he can answer, she excitingly pulls a pack of gum from out of one of the bags and opens it right away. "I love gum." She giggles, popping one stick into her mouth. 

Soon enough, they're all paid and ready to leave, the two of them departing the grocery store. 

"So... any updates on Jungkook?" Tae asks. He doesn't want to ask for two reasons: 1) he's in love with her and 2) he doesn't want to bring her any pain. Regardless, as the bodyguard, he legally has to ask.

She forces a smile. "Nope. Nothing. I'm sure he'll get back to us soon though. A lot to process, y'know?"

That's code for she's malfunctioning and needs help. Despite his question, she tries to seem as bubbly as possible. That's sign number one that she's having trouble processing her emotions.

She's quick to load the car with all their groceries, the two working side-by-side. Tae's dead silent. She's humming.

When they close the trunk, Y/n goes to leave when Tae grabs her arm. Not in a harsh manner, but with enough force to stop her. 

"Kinky," she says. 

Ah, at least there's a small hint of the old Y/n in there. Now he needs to bring it out fully. 

"Y/n, you need to to talk to me. If not to Jimin, then to me. Someone. We're the only two you have. Please, we can't read your mind. What's going on in that pretty head of yours?"

The girl softly smiles at that, roots of her old self starting to shine. "I miss him. I wish I could know what he's thinking right now."

There we go, finally. Some progress.