Chapter 3

That night I, and 10 others, were loaded into another trailer and taken off somewhere else...

When we were unloaded we were turned out in a massive field, with long, juicy green grass, the humans seemed kind, and there was lots of other horses. I immediately liked this place, it even had children running around, and riding smaller ponies! The humans spent a small amount of time with me every day, they didn't ride me, but they taught me how to jump, how to go over poles, they taught me how to lift my feet so that they could clean it out, they showed me how I could accept a saddle and bridle, and by the end of it, I was a very well mannered horse.

2 years later and I was a stunning 3 year old gelding. One of the humans came and took me to my stable, where she groomed me, and put my saddle and bridle on me. She then led me out to the training ring, and leaned across my back, and then slowly got on my back! But I didn't buck, I didn't rear, she was being too nice, instead, I walked around nicely, and then trotted, and then cantered! She gave me a huge pat and led me back to the field. It went on like that for another year, I was trained to have my head tucked in, and I was trained to jump, and gallop! Then one day, I was loaded into a horse box, and taken to a place with lots of other horses! But they were all getting ridden at the same time, and they looked very fancy, apparently, this was a show!

After I got tacked up, my human mounted up, and started warming me up. I could've gotten excited, but I didn't, I was too well behaved for that. After I was taken into the dressage ring, I went to the Showjumping arena, and then the cross country field. Then I had to wait for ages, while my rider went to something they call a 'prize giving' and my rider got two 1st's and one 2nd! She seemed very happy, and gave me a lot of hugs, I was just getting ready to be loaded into the trailer, when an odd-looking woman came to see my owner. She offered them a lot of money, and then took me over to her horse lorry.

I had no idea where I was going, but I guess I'd find out...