XXXVI

pic of the card i found it on google lol, oh and what are you're thoughts on selly's new song 'good for you'? like damn

Selena's POV

Zayn returned to his duty with the crafting while I watched him carefully sticking and cutting pieces of paper.

Our food came a few more minutes and was placed on the table, the burger was somewhat huge, plus with fries and a coke, basically the meal was pretty big.

Zayn pushed aside the stationary and immediately bit into his burger and closed his eyes.

"Someone's enjoying there food." I smiled.

"Take a bite, it's really good." I look down at the burger then back and Zayn and he nodded his head towards the food insisting I do take a bite. "Come on love, you need to eat."

I sighed and picked up the burger before taking a bite into it. I moaned a bit from the flavour and taste the burger had. Man I miss eating junk food.

"It's good, you see?" He chuckled and continued eating his burger. Zayn was right it was really good.

Five to ten minutes rolled by and I finally finished my burger while Zayn had already finished his before me along with most of his fries.

"I'm so full." I laughed which made him look up at me and grinned. He looked really happy that I finished my meal. I feel happy too, I haven't finished a meal in such a long while I almost forgot what it feels like. "I missed feeling this way."

"Hmm...and I missed you for those past two years." I blush at him. Zayn smile and continued his little project.

"Should I call on the bill?" I asked sipping on my coke.

"No, no. I'll do it. But first what do you think?" He brushed off some cut off pieces of paper and held his handmade card up.

"It's super cool, I think your dad will love it." And I'm being really honest, what Zayn made is really admirable; I mean yeah it's a simple card but I'd like to see myself doing that. I'm sure I won't succeed like he did.

"Come on let's go." He said and packed the stationary into the bag before taking a sip of his almost finished coke.

"Zayn the bill." I reminded, and got up too before he pulled out his wallet and took out a fifty note then placed it on the table.

He reached for my hand over he table and I grabbed it walking out of the booth and out of the diner, hand-in-hand.

"Let's go back to your place, I'm sure it's around this block somewhere." He informed and I nodded as we began walking again.

A few minutes past and we already found my apartment complex, Zayn and I walked inside the lobby and right to the elevators.

I pressed the button of my floor and we waited before the elevator started to go up. The whole time Zayn held onto my hand, his thumb rubbing over my knuckles.

He brings my hand up to his lips and kisses it. I love it when he does that. He look down at his before sighing, which made me worried.

"What's wrong?" I asked and he shook his head.

"Nothing, nothing it's just that you're so skinny, I can feel your bones when I hold your hand and you're as light as a feather. You've changed so much, it makes me sick to the stomach to what I've done to you." I stayed silent and nodded slowly at his words.

Zayn's POV

"You've changed so much, it makes me sick to the stomach to what I've done to you." She was quiet and only responded with a slowly nod, staring at the carpeted floor of the elevator.

The lift stopped when we reached her floor and if do bed before we got off and walked to her apartment.

I know I shouldn't have said what I've said but I couldn't handle it. She's brainwashed herself to become thinner all because of me.

We walked towards her front door and she lets go of my hand and reached inside her pocket and pulled out a key before putting it in the keyhole and twisting the metal before the door unlocked.

She opened the door and walked in with me following behind her then she closed the door.

"Home, sweet home." Selena said before placing the keys on her kitchen counter.

I smiled and walked over to her couch, plopping myself down onto the soft surface. I look behind me at Selena and pay the seat next to me.

She gave a half smile and walked over to me before sitting down beside me. I immediately wrapped my arm around her.

"So..when do you plan on giving your dad the card?" She asked playing with the hem of her shirt.

"Probably tomorrow when I visit him, do you want to tag along?" I offered kissing the top of her head.

"If it doesn't bother you." I shook my head.

"It doesn't." I kiss her and smile.

My phone immediately rings. I pull it out off pocket before answering.

"Hello?" I regretted the second I answered.

"Where have you been!?" She shouted, loud enough that it made Selena jump.

"Calm the fuck down will you?" I hissed already boiling up.

"I simply cannot calm the fuck down if my husband has been missing for the past few days." I rolled my eyes and silently excuse myself from the living room and walked to Selena's room instead.

"You don't have to be a hawk watching over what I do."

"You are my husband, it is my duty to do so." I groaned. "You should be lucky I'm like this, some wives wouldn't care where their husbands are."

"Yeah you should be one of them. Lucky? How am I lucky? I only married you to keep Selena safe. If it weren't for you would've married her instead of you!" I shouted back into the phone.

"We're talking about that pest again? You always seem to bring her up. Too bad she's not the one you're fucking is she? I don't think so." I swear I could hear her smirking on the other side.

"Oh fuck off!"

"Come home before I go look for you instead, and I'm pretty sure where to find you." My eyes widen. I sighed and gave in.

"I'll see you soon." I hissed and hung up before she could say anything.

I groaned loudly and pulled on my hair before putting my phone in my pocket and walking out of the room slamming the bedroom door.

"Hey, hey. You're not the one paying for the damage." Selena laughed which made me smile lightly.

"I have to go." I informed before grabbing my stuff. Selena stood up and furrowed her eyebrows before relaxing them again and sighing.

"Right. You have a wife, I totally forgot about that." She shrugged, which made me hurt that she's doesn't ask like before.

"Yeah sadly." I frown.

"Just like old times, you get a call when we hang out and you leave. The good old tradition huh?" She laughed.

"Why are you laughing?" I asked with hurt in my tone.

"Because I'd rather not beg you and cry over someone, another person has more power over me."

"Oh, I guess I'll see you later?" She just nodded and turned on the television.

"Bye Zayn." She said nonchalantly, and didn't bother to look at me leave.

I sighed and walked out of her apartment and into the elevator.

Selena's changed so much.

••••••••

hey ive updated. thanks for the patience guys.

if you still actually read this story lol

karen