XLI

this is the first gif in a long time lol, that being so because im on my spring break and there was a computer room for guests in this hotel i was staying in, and guess who was using one of the computers. moi :3

btw @selly253 wishes are coming true in this chapter.

Selena's POV

"Cousin." Doug repeated but with a smile.

"So what brings my love and sister here to you?" Zayn stared straight at him. Luella looks at both men then back at me.

"Actually I just wanted to talk to Selena, I guess Ella wanted to tag along." He gave out a chuckle. One thing I admire Douglas for is that he can always keep his composure no matter the situation. "And so did you." He chuckled again.

I smiled and noticed Zayn wasn't having any of it. I guess he's still upset about how Doug kept me company for the past two years and he didn't.

"Well what ever you have to talk about, I'm sure you can talk about in front of Luella and I too." Doug gulped and from the side of my eye I can tell that Zayn was smirking.

"I prefer talking to Selena, it's about a personal manner." Doug looked at me for help. I turned to Zayn and placed my hand on his shoulder.

"Maybe you and Luella should let me and Doug talk." I signaled my head towards the playground. Zayn groaned and rolled his eyes.

"Come on Lu, let's go on the swings." Lu pouted at me.

"Zayn will push you, of course." I have a smile to her then to her brother. She smiled wide and grabbed Zayn's hand then dragged him to the swings.

Doug and I laughed at the sight then it faltered as I was preparing for this talk he wanted to have.

"So..what did you want to talk about over the phone?" I looked at him in the eyes.

"Right, about that. I actually thought you'd come alone because it's something really personal."

He put a hand on my shoulder and turned us around before walking in another direction away from the playground.

"What's it about?" I turned to him and he smiles looking at the sky.

"As you know, we've been friends for two years –in counting, and I haven't had a girlfriend in a while." What is he talking about? We were walking further and further from the playground and I can't spot Zayn or Luella.
"I've always been talking about finding the perfect girl, but honestly I've already found her."

Doug stopped walking and stood in front of me, making my body slightly bump into his.

"So what you're saying is that you've found the perfect girl you've been searching for." I cocked my eyebrow and he nodded still smiling.

"It's you." My eyes widen at his words. "All this time I've been waiting, I finally realize that the perfect girl is you Selena."

"Douglas.." He held both of my hands in his, I looked at them then back at him.

"I know you still love Zayn, but Selena; I could make you so much happier than he did. You just need to give me a chance." I looked down at my hands in his again.

"Douglas..you already make me happy. You being my best friend made me so happy-" I looked up when he cut me off.

"That's why if you were mine, if we were together, you will always be happy. With me." He smiled brightly.