Ruby was starting to get really bored...

Her arms and legs had that fuzzy feeling that precedes total numbness. She wasn't used to staying still for this long. It had been, what, a few hours? A day? The light through the curtains was only just starting to fade, so she hoped it hadn't quite been that long. She didn't think it had ever taken this long for someone to find her after one of her admittedly-slightly-ill-advised solo missions.

Come on, Clance, she thought. She was getting a tad desperate. And really, her clues weren't that hard to solve, were they?

It was as Ruby was thinking that she could've perhaps left the ground glows in a slightly more conspicuous place that she was startled by a sudden noise. It was only slight, but in the eerie silence, it felt like a gunshot. A scraping, scratching gunshot.

"H-hello?" she called, her voice hoarse and painful against her throat. (She would kill for a glass of banana milk right now.)

For a second, the silence persisted. Then, a sliver of extra light was cast into the room as the door (at least, Ruby assumed it was the door) was pushed slightly open. Before the light could fall anywhere near where Ruby was laying, a shadow lengthened to meet it. The shadow of a person.

"Hello, indeed, Miss Redfort," said the figure in an unfamiliar upper-class accent. "It is an absolute pleasure to meet you at last."

Usually, Ruby left the hunches to Clancy. Funny feelings were not really her area. But, just this once, a squirming in her gut informed her that this meeting would not be a pleasure at all.