The Talk pt6

A/N: Not my story! Original available on ao3

______________________________

P.

I told Sirius. I know, I know...not a good idea. Overall, he seems to be taking it fairly well. I only told him my age though. It's not like he knows any real plans we have. I swear I'll obliviate him at the first sign of trouble. Please don't be mad. I miss you! Sephie is doing really well and eating good and playing. I might even tell Ron and Hermione what she is soon. I caught Ron petting her yesterday before he tried to act like he wasn't doing anything. Has anything been decided yet about the new DADA professor? Just a few more days and I can more easily sneak out to see you. Merlin, I miss you!

H.

___________________________________________________________________

H.

I knew you would eventually tell Sirius. I'd hoped you would wait a little longer, but he's your godfather, and I know how much you have missed him over the years. I'm not mad at all, but please be careful and keep a close eye on him while you can.

I'm glad Persephone is doing well. Keep me updated about anything out of the ordinary she might do. If she starts to chew on people, tell me immediately. I'm serious, H., that's not something you keep quiet because you like her.

As for the DADA professor, Fudge has narrowed it down to just a few now that he's having to work around Umbridge's disappearance. I'm trying to subtly influence him in the direction I want him to go, and I'm liking my chances. It helps that he can't even imagine his teenaged assistant, Weatherby, might actually be smarter and more politically savvy than him. Regardless, it looks like it will be a last-minute thing. Hopefully, whoever it is will make it to the welcome feast.

I miss you too! I'm keeping busy, especially know that I have that amazing apothecary you found. I find that I really don't like not living with you anymore though. Even your weird habit of jabbing me in the side when you want to get my attention I've started to miss instead of finding annoying. We need to spend some significant time together soon.

P.