Chapter 1

A young Daella was currently with her Septa, she was currently taking etiquette classes to learn the proper way to act for the next day's Heir's Tourney. Daella was excited to have a new sibling, and her father was sure that it would be a boy. He had planned to betroth his youngest children together, his son would be his heir and future king while his Daella would be his queen.

Daelle could hear Alicent and Rhaenyra walking past the room, the smell of dragon lingering in the air as they passed. Meaning Rhaenyra just returned from a dragon ride with her dragon Syrax. The smell made Daella's thoughts wander to her own dragons, her parents told her she was special for having three dragons born to her.

"This has never happened before, Daella, you will definitely go down in the history books for that alone!" Her parents would tell her, mostly her father.

He was very fond of histories, often reading stories of Old Valyria to her. This sparked an immense sense of jealousy in Rhaenyra, who mostly saw her father during small council meetings as the King's cupbearer, but even then, his Daella was there sitting on his lap as usual. Viserys often joked about having to bring her a chair to sit at the table when she gets too big for his lap, but only few knew it wasn't really a joke. Rhaenyra knew her father well enough, and his affection for his youngest, she knew he was serious.

Rhaenyra often went out of her way to belittle her sister, when she wasn't busy ignoring her existence. This was something she got scolded for often, but Rhaenyra was always too stubborn for her own good. Her resentment for her younger sister further drove a wedge between her and her parents, more her father than her mother.

"Septa? See Muna?" A four year old Daella asks, staring innocently up at the woman who was correcting her posture and teaching her the polite way to wave.

"Oh, of course, sweet Diamond!" Her Septa responds. Quickly grabbing her little hand in hers and guiding her out the door and down the hallway towards her mothers quarters. Aemma didn't like for her youngest to be too far from her, so her Septa used a room that was close to the Queen's rooms for their lessons. The four year old was surprisingly advanced compared to other children her age, she could speak just fine, and was already beginning her Valyrian language classes.

They quickly approached the doors to her mothers rooms, hearing muffled voices from inside, Daella didn't wait to be announced by the guards. Instead she released her Septa's hand and burst into the room, startling Alicent, Rhaenyra, her mother, and the attendings.

"Muna!" She cried out, ignoring everyone else in the room as she rushed into her mother's waiting arms, being extra careful with the baby bump in the way. She missed the annoyed eye roll her sister gave her before looking to Alicent to see if she was annoyed too. Rhaenyra was even more annoyed to find her friend looking at her younger sister with awe.

"Why, hello my sweet baby. Are you finished with your lessons for the day?" Aemma asked her youngest, looking to her Septa for a real answer. She has a tendency to escape her Septa when she feels she is done with her lessons, though she often runs to her father to save her from her Septa.

"Yes Muna, all finished." Daella answers as her Septa nods to the Queen to affirm what the young Princess told her.

"Yes, your Grace, I brought her to see you before I took her to the King to attend the Council meeting." The Septa replies before adding, "She did very well in her lessons today, so I let her come a little early."

"Speaking of council meetings, Rhaenyra, you should bathe before you head off to it, you reek of dragon." Her mother says as she turns to Rhaenyra, effectively dismissing her. Rhaenyra promptly stands up and storms off in a huff dragging Alicent with her as she leaves.