Chapter 2

(The necklace looks like this but the diamonds and rubies are switched)

Ser Harrold didn't like lying to the King, but he prefers to think he was taking the young Princess on a detour before taking her to her lessons. Prince Daemon had requested to see his favorite niece before everyone was made aware of his presence in the castle. The Prince knew he wasn't likely to receive a warm welcome from anyone except his nieces, and Rhaenyra tended to obsess over him. While he would normally enjoy this, it tended to strain his other relationships. His brother, the King, picked up on it after a while, and promptly gave him another 'promotion' that meant he spent less time in the Keep.

"You know this isn't the way to my lessons, if I didn't trust you, I would think you were leading me to my doom," a young Daella addresses Ser Harrold after noticing that he was leading her in the opposite direction of her lessons.

"Well I am glad to have your trust, Princess. I am also relieved you're so attentive, but I have a special guest that requested to see you before his presence was made known," Ser harrold explained as they approached the throne room doors. Daella guessed this special guest was her uncle, Daemon, he often wanted to go unnoticed until he had the right moment to dramatically announce his presence, but he could never resist seeing her before his entrance.

"I assume you haven't told my father yet?" Daella questions as Ser Harrold opens the doors and allows Daella in first.

"You would be correct," Ser Harrold says, following behind the Princess through the doors. "Gods be good," He says, appalled when he sees Prince Daemon sat upon the Iron Throne.

"I can take it from here, thank you good Ser," Daella says, dismissing him to wait outside while she talks with her uncle. "Kepus, you're going to be in big trouble if Kepa finds out about this." Daella lightly scolds him, though she is mostly excited to see him again after so long.

"I don't even get a hug first before you start scolding me?" Daemon teases, "you spend too much time with your father, little dragon." Daella rolls her eyes in response but eventually concedes, giving him a long awaited hug. He picks her up, twirls her around, and tosses her in the air before setting her back on her feet. She giggles the entire time she is in his arms, happy to finally be with the uncle that encourages her chaos.

"I wouldn't spend too much time with Kepa if my uncle could just behave. You get sent away, while I'm left here with no one else but Kepa and Muna. I have my dragons too, but I can't be with them all the time. Muna thinks it's too dangerous to be around them a lot while they are still so young," Daella explains, trying to plead her case to her uncle, hoping she will talk some sense into him.

"Well, I actually brought you a gift, but if you are just planning to lecture me, maybe I should just keep it," Daemon says, effectively changing the subject.

"No, Kepus! I want it, I won't lecture you anymore, I'm sorry!" Daella quickly changes her tune, knowing her uncle always brings the best gifts from his travels to distant lands.

Daemon pulls a necklace out of its hiding place, and holds it out for her to see. Daella wastes no time in closely inspecting the necklace, but when she goes to touch it, Daemon abruptly pulls it away from her grasp. "Do you know what it is?" Daemon asks, testing her knowledge.

"Yes, it's Valyrian steel, like your sword, Dark Sister." Daella states matter-of-factly. "It's perfect, Kepus. I will wear this to my brother's tournament tomorrow!" Daella promises. She's already thinking of dresses she can wear it with. The necklace itself has a blood red ruby surrounded by diamonds shaped like rose petals set in Valyrian steel vines to wrap around her neck. The necklace fits in the palm of her hand and would match a black dress with red roses detailing the sleeves, hem, and neckline.