Chapter 12

(Image is from pinterest, it's the dress Daella wears.)

Daella was awoken by her siblings and parents walking into her chambers to get her ready for her crowning ceremony. This day had been highly anticipated by the entirety of the Seven Kingdoms, even Dorne had come to participate in the celebrations. Daella would have a week-long celebration for her naming ceremony before the wedding of Rhaenyra to Lord Vaemond. Rhaenyra wasn't happy about her wedding being outshined by her sister. She believed her sister was stealing her birthright, and she couldn't stand how many people came to celebrate her when her own ceremony was only attended by people who were absolutely required to be there.

"Helaena was waiting rather impatiently for you to wake up," Alicent says as she approaches the bed with her newborn sister. Helaena was born while Daella was on the tour with Rhaenyra, and she was very excited to finally meet her. Helaena was very sick when she was born and the maesters thought it best to have minimal contact with people. Alicent and Viserys didn't want the children to grow attached to their new sibling only for her to pass away, they decided to keep all their children away from Helaena until she grew stronger.

"Yes, it would appear so. I am most excited to finally be introduced to her." Daella agreed.

This would only be Daella's second time seeing her sister, as she was only deemed strong enough to be out and about a week ago. Though the King and Queen were gradually letting the siblings interact with sweet Helaena, they found she most enjoyed spending time in Daella's room or in the gardens. Daella's personal garden was flourishing this time of year, and she was happy that Helaena enjoyed her garden, given that she was only allowed to see her for a few hours these past few days.

"I'm happy she enjoys my garden, as she grows I will teach her about all the plants I have and give her one for each plant she learns like the maesters did for me." Daella grows excited at the prospect of teaching her sister about something she was passionate about.

"Yes, my sweet, I'm sure she would enjoy that. I shall enjoy watching you teach your sister." Viserys said, happy Daella was excited to have another sister.

Viserys loved his wife, but he wasn't sure how he would split his time between all of his children if Daella didn't like them. Viserys would still love his children with Alicent, but he wouldn't have time to spend with each child while they are still growing. He refused to miss any of their milestones, so he was quite pleased that all his children loved each other and he got to spend time with all of them at the same time. Rhaenyra was a different story completely, she never wished to spend time with anyone in her family, and she most certainly didn't want to bond with them.

The family proceeded to break their fasts together as a family the sound of laughter rings throughout the room. Helaena was in Daella's arms currently pulling her hair while she ate with one hand. Aegon and Aemond were talking about their dragon and sword fighting lessons with Viserys. Though Aemond didn't have a dragon of his own he still attended lessons so that he might have the skills necessary to tame a dragon of his own when the time comes. While Alicent tried to pull Helaena's hand from Daella's hair, Alicent asked what hairstyle Daella would like for the day. Anyone walking past the family dining quarters could easily tell the family was happily bonding.

"Are you ready for today?" Viserys said, "The ceremony starts in a few hours. Alicent will be here to help you get ready and Rhaenys will be along soon to help as well."

"Thank you, Kepa." Daella said.

Viserys nodded as he wrangled Aegon and Aemond out of the room, while Alicent gave Helaena to a wetnurse. When they left, Alicent got to work helping Daella get ready. Rhaenys came along shortly after Daella finished her bath, and both women helped get Daella ready for her crowning ceremony. Rhaenys had visited a few weeks ago to help Daella pick the perfect dress, the dress was a blood red with gold stitching which she paired with gold jewelry with ruby gems.