3.𝑷𝒂𝒔𝒕

Mubashira's POV-

Zaid's sudden change in behaviour has surprised me alot. But the thing which is triggering me now is mohib's messages and calls. I'm trying to move on but there's something already holding me back. He's asking me to meet him but he ain't listening. I didn't fell in love with him but i was surely infatuated or maybe i had already accepted him as my husband that's why i broke down during the last moment. Anyways there's nothing good in ranting about my past.

I was selecting a dress for my friend's party and i heard my phone ringing.
Without looking at the caller id i picked up my phone.

Mubashira, I'm really sorry
*It's mohib*

I'm sure there's something fishy in this.

Is there anything left Mr. Mohib ? You've already insulted me enough on my wedding.
*I shouted*

Mubashira, i had my own reasons. I was scared of everything and that's why i stepped back.

*After a pause , i replied*

Mohib, I'm already married and it would be better that you too move on
*I said taking a deep breath to calm down my nerves*

What? You're married ? To whom? And why?
*He asked me as if he wasn't the one who ran away*

So , what did you expect from me? To sit and cry and wait for you.

But -
*Before he could say anything*

Just shut up!
*Without wasting a minute i hang up*

Zaid Pov-

I walking in my room when i heard mubashira shouting on someone probably she was on a phone call with someone. But from her phone i could sense that something is wrong. I decided to step in but by that time she has already ended the call and was sitting on the couch pressing her head.
Her mood seem to off.

Mubashira
*I whispered*

Han
*She replied sitting straight*

What happened? Is something wrong?

No nothing

A maid knocked on the door and i went to unlock and to my surprise he was standing with a red rose bouquet.

Mam
*The maid called mubashira*

Yes
*She replied*

There's a parcel for you
*She handed her the bouquet and a chocolate box*

Who sended this?
* I asked being curious*

I don't know sir
*Saying that she left the room*

Mubashira was looking at the bouquet when something caught my attention a letter.

I took it out without letting her know.

" Mubashira, I'm really sorry for my actions but please forgive me , we can get back together."

Yours,
Mohib

I clenched the paper in my Hands and threw it somewhere in the room.

So, tum ye saab karti ho mere pith peeche?

She looked at me stunned

Mj - Kya matlab?

Yahi Ki you're still in connection with Mohib

Mj- I think there's a misunderstanding, what do you mean? I can explain

I don't need your fucking explanation

I didn't expected this from you

Saying that i stormed out of the room.

Mubashira pov -

I thought i could make this relationship work but there's no single possibility, whatever zaid said has deeply hurt me and I can't waste a moment to live in this house where there's no respect.

She went back to her home and her dad saw her crying.

Beta, kya hua ?
*He asked in worry*

Dad, kya mein kuch din ke liye yaha reh sakti hu?
*She lied about having a fight with Zaid after all she knew it would be very stressful for his father knowing that his daughter isn't happy*

Ofcourse, is this even a question to ask ?
*He said patting her back*

Tum apne room mein jao, I'll be back in a few minutes i have a meeting to attend
*He went way*

She went to her bedroom where there was a picture kept of her mother and her when she was 8 years old, she hugged the photo and sobbed.

Mama i miss you please comeback, there's no one who understands me better than you. Even my own husband is cheating on me. I've no one to rely one. Please Comeback mama .

A maid(Gul aunt) she's really close to mubashira since childhood after her mother's death, she's a motherly figure to mubashira.

Beta, ye kya halat bana Rakhi hai apni?
*She asked sitting beside her*

She hugged mubashira and she sobbed on her shoulder after a few minutes she looked her and some tears continue to stream down.

Aunt, am i so bad that no one loves me?

No dear, can you tell me what happened?

Aunt, Zaid doesn't love me

*She was shocked to hear that because mubashira had a sort of crush on Zaid in her teenage but later after her marriage was fixed with mohib , she overcame from that feeling*

Are you sure ?

Yes aunt, he even confronted me regarding this on our first night. I'm so unlucky in love.

No beta, everything will be alright
*She consoled her*

On the other side -

Zaid returned home, it was all dark and he walked into his room, he was already guilty for his arrogant behaviour with mubashira and he had decided to apologise but to his surprise was empty and dark.

He turned on the lights and sat on the couch.

Suddenly a messaged popped on mubashira's phone (yes she had forgot to take it)

It was from mohib- Mubashira, can we please meet tomorrow in xxx place?

His message added more fuel on his anger.
___________________________________