Chapter 1

Red POV

"There are so many pets here," Red said as he and Purple entered the pet store.

"I know, it's like they have every type of animal here."

"Do you really think that Mr. Cedar will let me help me take care of the animals?"

"Of course! Mr. Cedar loves it when sticks volunteer."

"Even weird sticks who are from a computer?" Red asks, annoyed.

Since arriving in Stickville, the sticks have treated them differently. Some sticks thought they were dumb because they had never heard of something. Some felt they were dangerous because of their recent adventures, and some thought they were weird because of how they acted.

"I'm sure those sticks didn't mean to say those things," Purple said.

"Yeah, I guess."

They walked up to the register to see Mr. Cedar organizing some stuff.

"Hello, boys," said Mr.Cedar, "What can I do for you today?"

"My friend here was wondering if you still take volunteers."

"I sure do. Do you have any experience with aminals?"

"Oh, I have plenty!" said Red, "I had a whole barn full of animals back at home."

Red heard a snicker behind him and turned to see a dark red stick staring at him.

"Were your 'aminals' from your farm simulator?"

"No!" Red said indignantly, "They're from...Minecraft."

The dark red stick burst out in laughter.

"Are you really going to allow this stick to help you, Mr. Cedar? I mean, he and his friends have only recently been outside."

"You don't have to be so mean," Purple said

"Yeah," said Red, "At least we had actual fun adventures."

"Sure."

"I can prove it! Look at our YouTube channel. Our adventures are all uploaded there."

"Seriously."

"Yea, I can show you."

Red pulls out his phone, searches 'Alan Becker' on YouTube, and clicks on a video.

"See, our lives are not that boring after all."

"And you're sure this is real?"

"Of course! I wouldn't lie."

The dark red stick looks closer at the video.

"Fascinating!"

Mr. Cedar was looking at his phone too.

"Looking at these videos, Red, it seems you do have a lot of experience with aminals. You can definitely volunteer here."

"Thank you so much!"

As they were leaving, Red noticed that everyone in the pet store was watching their YouTube channel.

"That went really well," Purple said

"I think YouTube helps."

That's when Red got an idea.

"What if I tell everyone about our YouTube channel," Red told Purple, "That way, everyone can stop treating us like weirdos."

"I don't know, Red. Being popular on the internet has its ups and downs."

"But you saw how helpful it was to convince Mr. Cedar. Imagine what it can do for all of us."

"Ok," said Purple, unconvinced, "If you said so."