Chapter 1: Meeting Furina de Fontaine

Carole led him to a grand and fancy building, the inside of this building was as spectacular as the outside.

They went to a reception, it seems the receptionist was one of her Melusine friends. This one's color was green, it waved and asked:

"Hi Carole, and Mr. New Face! How may I help you?"

'Is this how Melusines refer to new people?' Hakim wondered.

Carole waved back, "Hello Sedene! This is Mr. Hakim, can we perhaps seek an audience with Lady Furina if she's not too busy at the moment?"

Sedene thought for some time, "I'll have to check with Lady Furina first, is it alright with you to wait for a bit?"

Hakim nodded, "Sure, go ahead."

With that Sedene left the reception and went somewhere, Hakim guesses it was this Lady Furina's room.

Carole turned to him and said, "You should sit down at the couch over there." She pointed at the couch, "Would you like something to drink while you wait?"

Hakim shook his head, "No need, I'm not that thirsty. Thank you for the offer though." He said as he walked towards the couch and sat down.

"Okay! If you say so, I have to go now. Still got a lot to attend to, it was nice meeting you! Please tell Sedene I have other matters to attend to once she gets back. I hope to see her later, I'm sure she can show you the way to where you can meet with Lady Furina." Carole informed.

"Right I sure will, thanks a lot for your help! Hope to see you around again soon Carole." Hakim smiled at Carole and waved.

Carole smiled back and also waved, "See you!" With that she walked away.

Meanwhile...

Sedene informs Furina about Hakim's visit to the Palais Mermonia and his request to have an audience with her.

"Oh! This Hakim you say wishes to meet me? Is he from another nation?" Furina asked Sedene interested.

Sedene nodded, "It seems so, he's probably from Snezhnaya based on his attire when I met him."

Furina seems to be thinking, and after some time she finally spoke again.

"Hmm, why not. Perhaps I should meet this foreigner, I see no reason to decline. He's probably here to know about the almighty and divine Archon of Fontaine and the God of Justice!" Furina said dramatically.

"Shall I inform him to meet you here?" Sedene asked.

"Yes, and if you don't mind please tell the maids to prepare tea and some sweets."

Sedene saluted, "Will do! Lady Furina." She left the room to go find the maids and tell them about Furina's request while going back to the reception.

After a few minutes go by...

Sedene finally arrived back at the reception, finding Hakim sitting on the couch lost in thought. She approached him and said:

"Teyvat to Mr. Hakim, are you alright? You seem to be lost in thought, and where is Carole?"

Hakim snapped back to reality, "Ah! I'm fine, I'm fine really! I was just thinking about some stuff it's really nothing. Also Carole said she had other matters to attend to, She hopes to see you later though." He answered.

"I see, oh right! By the way, Lady Furina, accepted your request to see her. Follow me! I'm sure the maids would have already finished preparing when we get there."

"Thank you for your help Sedene, lead the way!" Hakim said gratefully and stands up to follow Sedene to see Furina.

While they were on their way, Hakim was awestruck at the sight. A lot of fancy stuff and shiny things were in his view.